Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Christian Academy 33 Owensboro Catholic 28 (2A State Championship)

Owensboro Catholic vs. Lexington Christian Academy 100 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Owensboro Catholic
      72%
    • Lexington Christian Academy
      28%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Bac2369 said:

Owensboro Catholic is who I was talking about. 

I know.

  • Replies 318
  • Views 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

That is a lot but Owensboro loses alot too so it’s going to be quiet in the city 

Idk both teams return starting QB. O returns a lot. And a lot of young stars coming up too. The entire receiving core will be back for O. Along with all the DB’s besides Carr and Ashley at MLB The Red Devils always have a RB in the stable ready to go. They’ll be right back in the mix next year.. OC return some stars too, imo both programs will stay in the mix for some time to come. Thought it would be hard to for OC to replace Carrico, then came Crowe, thought Crowe would be hard to replace then came Maddox. OC develops players, they’ll be alright.

I felt like this was going to be a very good and close game. Was hoping to see OC win. Congratulations to LCA on winning and to OC on a nice season too.

I saw it mentioned in the game thread, but Miles Edge didn't appear to have played much in this one.  Any idea what happened there?  He was a real game changer for their offense.  

3 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

Idk both teams return starting QB. O returns a lot. And a lot of young stars coming up too. The entire receiving core will be back for O. Along with all the DB’s besides Carr and Ashley at MLB The Red Devils always have a RB in the stable ready to go. They’ll be right back in the mix next year.. OC return some stars too, imo both programs will stay in the mix for some time to come. Thought it would be hard to for OC to replace Carrico, then came Crowe, thought Crowe would be hard to replace then came Maddox. OC develops players, they’ll be alright.

I feel like you do. Owensboro should return about 4-5 starters on D. With, as you mentioned, the major piece being Ashley at Linebacker. (I’d also add Pullom at Defensive End too.) The Red Devils will also return several kids that started games due to injury, or waiting on kids to get eligible, like Hinton and Shemwell. Also there are other kids that played a lot while being rotated in like Kindall and Burk. On offense they should have Ganaway Jr, Dillard, and the rest of the Wide Receiver core. The Offensive Line will be a concern again but it’ll be more about being young/inexperienced than talented IMO. RB will be in good hands with Green, and crew, back there. Could we see Dillard get carries from the back field next year?!?! I doubt it but he was like a mini Barry Sanders lining up in the back field in middle school. The top teams in 5A this year have lots of underclassmen so Woodford Co., Scott Co., Atherton, & Pulaski Co. should all be good next year too. With all that said I could see OHS making a run to the semi’s next year. Owensboro Catholic will be good in 2026 but maybe not what they have been the last 3 years. Carothers is the truth though so that’ll be big for them. I’m hoping no one leaves Frederica Street to go play WR over on Parrish Avenue this go round though.(Ha!) I was impressed with the way the James kid played in the title game filling in at Linebacker. The Simms kid too. They’re both good building blocks for the Aces on D.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

I saw it mentioned in the game thread, but Miles Edge didn't appear to have played much in this one.  Any idea what happened there?  He was a real game changer for their offense.  

I heard a shoulder injury.

Edge could have made a difference in getting the Aces over the hump, but, there's bumps, bruises and dings on every team this part of the season. You just gotta have that next man up mentality and move on. 

 

IMO, LCA was the most complete team in 2a this year, followed by OB Cath, Belfry, Beechwood, Mayfield and Somerset, in that order. There was a big drop off after these 6. As strong as these top 6 were, 2a was very top heavy. 

Everything starts up front.  Even though Edge was out, LCA’s defensive line and line backers created havoc which I.M.O. was the game changer.  I felt LCA controlled the game from a defensive standpoint when they stacked down and brought the pressure, you can’t give OCA’s QB time to pick your defense apart and because tough LCA defense it made several 3 and outs for the OCA offense, great job LCA defense and LCA coaching staff.  OCA was able to stay in the game when LCA let off the pressure on defense, but they didn’t let off much.

LCA had really nice control on offense between run game and I am interested to see how much better they get next year with the large majority coming back, BUT again you have to give props to LCA offensive line making it happen.

Great job on both teams making the State Championship and Congrats to LCA.

Congratulations, Eagles!

 

I thought LCA was the better team, but OC battled!  Congrats to both and the ACES on another great year!

1 hour ago, The_Bull44 said:

Everything starts up front.  Even though Edge was out, LCA’s defensive line and line backers created havoc which I.M.O. was the game changer.  I felt LCA controlled the game from a defensive standpoint when they stacked down and brought the pressure, you can’t give OCA’s QB time to pick your defense apart and because tough LCA defense it made several 3 and outs for the OCA offense, great job LCA defense and LCA coaching staff.  OCA was able to stay in the game when LCA let off the pressure on defense, but they didn’t let off much.

LCA had really nice control on offense between run game and I am interested to see how much better they get next year with the large majority coming back, BUT again you have to give props to LCA offensive line making it happen.

Great job on both teams making the State Championship and Congrats to LCA.

I did not see the game, but Beechwood needs to look at what LCA did on defense and see what they can learn. It could be personnel/matchups, but there also should be things to learn for the Beechwood defense scheme wise watching this title game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.