Here we go again - 44th District draw.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats real deserving for MS win 16 or more games Berea and Model barely win their intrasquad scrimmages and they get to go! Feel bad for the seniors at MS who have NEVER lost to either school.

Lets just draw for the NCAA tourney as well who cares what you did in the regular season. And also lets just draw to see who goes to the BCS games in football, we dont want to hurt teams feelings, they must have a chance even though they dont deserve to go. And one more I like the Reds so lets give them a shot at going to the playoffs, lets flip a coin and let them and St Louis decide it by coinflip.

If regular season games dont count then drop them Southern

Hey, nice come back. But address the questions rather than just suggest unrealistic scenarios. Unless you're not really paying attention, the NCAA "Seeding" process is hardly an exact science and is absolutely NOT based on games played between common foes. There aren't any!! And if you think the BCS is based on common opponents you're really not paying attention. Professional sports, yes, agreed, and the entire tournament structure is based on those season standings, not just a portion of the playoffs. Who said anything about feelings? You claim to be about what is "fair" so then address the issues I bring up! Is the current system of large school verus small school fair? The only people I hear complaining over and over and over are the 3A and 4A county schools. First it's not fair that privates have percieved advantages. Yet, the clear advantage of numbers currently held by the large county schools over small class A and AA schools is ignored when it comes to non-classified sports. This situation is the same. Does size make right? Follow the guide that small schools have to follow; get better, work hard, and a little luck along the way doesn't hurt. I never saw a decent coach who didn't admit he or she had a little luck along the way to a championship.

Wrong!!! MS is mad because they beat Berea by 49 and will beat Model to death next week and they dont get a shot to represent themselves in the region. How about haveing some seniors who have never lost to Berea or Model yet dont get to go! When Berea and Models combined recored is like 5-34 and they get to go play Scott Co. That is unfair because Scott would have the bye while Tates Creek, so to speak would have a battle on their hands. Its not fair to MS who plays a good schedule works hard in the summers just to have their fate sealed by a freakin pill!!! I would hate to be Model next Friday.

I don't understand. Can't Tates Creek win their district and draw model or berea in the regional as easily as Scott County could?

You're right. Poor, poor County school. Let's get rid of them interlopers. They're all COWARDS anyway! How dare they want at least a CHANCE to get to the regional tournament. Why they're taking away a privilege that the mighty large county schools should own!! Just like those nasty privates!! Kick'em all out! And while we're at it, kick mout the iondependents too. that'll get rid of 90% of the small school whiners anyway.

What are you talking about? I thought this was about drawing/seeding.

There are county schools that vote for drawing and independent schools that vote for seeding.

I understand your frustration totally. But as long as they draw you have to beat whoever is put in front of you.

Then my question for those that love blind draws, and cry you blind draw in the region and the sweet sixteen, is why not only have one team come out of the district. Sort of would make the blind draw meaningless, wouldn't it?

Well then why have an All A classic????? That was for the so called little schools to have a chance and they have it. When 80% of the state seeds it would only make sense. If a team beats another team in the college regular season by 49 I doubt they would be seeded anywhere near the team that won that particular game so that excuse dont fly. Why play reg season games against them if they dont count for anything!

I'm not saying I love blind draws, I'm just saying that if the district has a blind draw...Then stop crying and take control of your own destiny. Beat a good team and then you can say you earned your way into the region. Beat who is in front of you. Then you earned it.

Berea or Model will never vote for seeding. This is they only way they will ever be able to get the region. They rather take their chances on the draw than seeding. This has been and will always be a problem in this and other districts that draw. If the schools want money, then move the districts to the school, not at EKU. I bet the schools would get more money that way instead of at EKU. EKU makes for a good games, but schools do not get their far share of the money. That's if money is the problem for the small schools.

Has anyone ever heard of revenue sharing? In the 15th region the regional tournament money is shared between all the regional schools. The tournament usually has a sponsor who picks up the cost of hosting the tournament. Makes no difference, money wise, if you are in the regional tournament or not.

EKU gets no district money just a rental fee from the district money. I doubt that neither gym would hold last years MS MC game which was over 3100 people in attendance, sure couldnt hold it at MS crackerbox! It does look much better though.