Pulaski County vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

(KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Pulaski County
    • Trinity (Louisville)

36 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Those results will inspire confidence in the Pulaski faithful, but won't inspire much concern in T supporters. Comparing scores is even less reliable in basketball than football, and Vasser didn't play in Trinity's loss to J-Town. 

I was just saying it was a noteworthy win to mark. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

8joctb.thumb.jpg.d62b612ad6b9d888c27a1794783d985c.jpg

Trinity Shamrocks (26-7, R7 Champion, Media Poll #6) | Pulaski County Maroons (23-10, R12 Champion)

Noteworthy Results

Trinity - Beat R3 Champion Butler County by 27 | Lost to Bowling Green by 2 | Beat R9 Champion Newport by 5 | Split the season series with St. X 1-1 | Lost to Lexington Catholic by 10 | Beat Manual by 12

Pulaski County - Beat Wayne County by 14 | Lost to Henry Clay by 6 | Lost to LaRue County by 22 | Beat Clay County by 20 | Split the season series with Somerset 2-2, including the R12 final 

Player Spotlight 

Trinity - Drae Vasser (14 ppg/51% FGs) | Julius Edmonds (12 ppg/7.7 rpg/67% FGs) | Jayden Johnson (12 ppg/69 3s)

Vasser is one of the more dynamic guards you'll see on the floor this week. He's capable behind the arc, but excels in transition and penetrating in the half court, shooting 62% on 2pt FGs.

Pulaski County - Will Blankenship (15 ppg/86.3% FTs) | Zak Anderson (10.7 ppg/8 rpg)

Blankenship averaged 20 ppg to lead the Maroons to a second straight 12th Region title. Anderson is a jack of all trades, who provides toughness on the interior.

I would add Carson Fraley for the Maroons.  He was banged up a lot of the season with knee issues, but seems to be looking more like himself the last 2 weeks of season.  He's a bully of a PG, that is physical at the rim and a really good passer.  They compliment him well with some capable 3 PT shooting around him.  You're spot on with Blankenship and Anderson.  Quality players for them this season.

1 hour ago, LethalPG said:

I would add Carson Fraley for the Maroons.  He was banged up a lot of the season with knee issues, but seems to be looking more like himself the last 2 weeks of season.  He's a bully of a PG, that is physical at the rim and a really good passer.  They compliment him well with some capable 3 PT shooting around him.  You're spot on with Blankenship and Anderson.  Quality players for them this season.

Carson Fraley moves about like those old guys I used to play ball with at the YMCA.  His knees severely limit his mobility.  However, he's one of the best passers I've seen at the high school level and extremely smart.  He's got an inherent sense of timing and will get the ball to a teammate at just the right time for them to do something with it.  He's also very unselfish.  He might score, he might not.  It doesn't seem to matter to him as long as the team wins.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 24Rocks said:

Carson Fraley moves about like those old guys I used to play ball with at the YMCA.  His knees severely limit his mobility.  However, he's one of the best passers I've seen at the high school level and extremely smart.  He's got an inherent sense of timing and will get the ball to a teammate at just the right time for them to do something with it.  He's also very unselfish.  He might score, he might not.  It doesn't seem to matter to him as long as the team wins.

Point Forward for sure.

4 hours ago, 24Rocks said:

I agree. It’s a shame he has been hurt this season. Him pushing through just shows what kind of teammate he is. I truly believe he is the best player in the region when healthy. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Does anyone think Pulaski has a meaningful chance in this one?

Not sure how much credence it has but these two have a common opponent in Jeffersontown. Pulaski played them on Dec. 2 and won by 7 points 63-56. Trinity played Jeffersontown on Feb. 15 and Jeffersontown won over Trinity by 4 points at 62-58.

• Thanks 1