Pulaski County vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

(KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Pulaski County
    • Trinity (Louisville)

Don't believe there will be a running clock:   one, if the margin gets large, T will rest their starters; two, T will show sportsmanship; and, three, T is probably not that much better to get to a running clock.

If you go by rankings Trinity has an RPI of .64448 compared to Pulaski's .57150.  

Massey has Trinity at #7 and Pulaski at #52.  Massey predicts Trinity by 14.

Neither of those are that significant.  I'd say Trinity will win but I doubt if it will be a running clock.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 24Rocks said:

Massey predicts Trinity by 14.

1 hour ago, 12th Region Fan said:

I think the Massey prediction is fair. I look for the Maroons to stay within striking distance for a long time. 

I'm in the same boat as Massey. I'd say close for the first half and then the Rocks pull away in the second and win comfortably, but not a blowout.

8joctb.thumb.jpg.d62b612ad6b9d888c27a1794783d985c.jpg

Trinity Shamrocks (26-7, R7 Champion, Media Poll #6) | Pulaski County Maroons (23-10, R12 Champion)

Noteworthy Results

Trinity - Beat R3 Champion Butler County by 27 | Lost to Bowling Green by 2 | Beat R9 Champion Newport by 5 | Split the season series with St. X 1-1 | Lost to Lexington Catholic by 10 | Beat Manual by 12

Pulaski County - Beat Wayne County by 14 | Lost to Henry Clay by 6 | Lost to LaRue County by 22 | Beat Clay County by 20 | Split the season series with Somerset 2-2, including the R12 final 

Player Spotlight 

Trinity - Drae Vasser (14 ppg/51% FGs) | Julius Edmonds (12 ppg/7.7 rpg/67% FGs) | Jayden Johnson (12 ppg/69 3s)

Vasser is one of the more dynamic guards you'll see on the floor this week. He's capable behind the arc, but excels in transition and penetrating in the half court, shooting 62% on 2pt FGs.

Pulaski County - Will Blankenship (15 ppg/86.3% FTs) | Zak Anderson (10.7 ppg/8 rpg)

Blankenship averaged 20 ppg to lead the Maroons to a second straight 12th Region title. Anderson is a jack of all trades, who provides toughness on the interior.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

8joctb.thumb.jpg.d62b612ad6b9d888c27a1794783d985c.jpg

Trinity Shamrocks (26-7, R7 Champion, Media Poll #6) | Pulaski County Maroons (23-10, R12 Champion)

Noteworthy Results

Trinity - Beat R3 Champion Butler County by 27 | Lost to Bowling Green by 2 | Beat R9 Champion Newport by 5 | Split the season series with St. X 1-1 | Lost to Lexington Catholic by 10 | Beat Manual by 12

Pulaski County - Beat Wayne County by 14 | Lost to Henry Clay by 6 | Lost to LaRue County by 22 | Beat Clay County by 20 | Split the season series with Somerset 2-2, including the R12 final 

Player Spotlight 

Trinity - Drae Vasser (14 ppg/51% FGs) | Julius Edmonds (12 ppg/7.7 rpg/67% FGs) | Jayden Johnson (12 ppg/69 3s)

Vasser is one of the more dynamic guards you'll see on the floor this week. He's capable behind the arc, but excels in transition and penetrating in the half court, shooting 62% on 2pt FGs.

Pulaski County - Will Blankenship (15 ppg/86.3% FTs) | Zak Anderson (10.7 ppg/8 rpg)

Blankenship averaged 20 ppg to lead the Maroons to a second straight 12th Region title. Anderson is a jack of all trades, who provides toughness on the interior.

How about the common opponent Jeffersontown?

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

• theguru changed the title to Pulaski County vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
8 minutes ago, catfan09 said:

How about the common opponent Jeffersontown?

Those results will inspire confidence in the Pulaski faithful, but won't inspire much concern in T supporters. Comparing scores is even less reliable in basketball than football, and Vasser didn't play in Trinity's loss to J-Town.