Military Draft....

I think everyone needs to get off Deuce's and Rocket's back... someone said it earlier... there are people fighting for their right to say that... so why are we all telling them to shut up? whether you agree or not...

Yes there are people fighting for their right to say that...I'm not so sure the same ones would fight for their right to threaten to dodge the draft if our country were in need.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with this war is, we are not fighting a Country or a Nation, we are fighting a religion, a belief system, that travels and hides. Iraq is a mess, the scary part of all this is that this belief system of terror that we are fighting is also in our own backyards. Question? This war was launched first in Afghanistan, then Saudia then Iraq...all because of the 911 strikes against the U.S. is this somewhat accruate? If this is true, answer me this, where did these Terrorist train themselves at to deliver their strikes agaisnt us...THE USA!!!!!!!!! This is all smoke and mirrors. I support our troops and pray that this crap with Iraq would end soon, but I just dont see it happening. We were so volunerable before 911, how much more will be when all of troops are overseas?

The problem with this war is, we are not fighting a Country or a Nation, we are fighting a religion, a belief system, that travels and hides. Iraq is a mess, the scary part of all this is that this belief system of terror that we are fighting is also in our own backyards. Question? This war was launched first in Afghanistan, then Saudia then Iraq...all because of the 911 strikes against the U.S. is this somewhat accruate?

:confused:

If this is true, answer me this, where did these Terrorist train themselves at to deliver their strikes agaisnt us...THE USA!!!!!!!!! This is all smoke and mirrors.

They were trained to fly airplanes here. They learned their ideologies and recieved all of their funding from the Middle East. I think Usama was jumping back and forth between Sudan and Afghanistan.

I support our troops and pray that this crap with Iraq would end soon, but I just dont see it happening. We were so volunerable before 911, how much more will be when all of troops are overseas?

They are typically overseas anyhow. We aren't exactly prone to a land invasion so I don't think the location of our military is going to change our terrorist security.

As for the rest of the thread and TheDeuce: I could be wrong, because I have no idea, but can't you be a concientious objector and not be drafted?

:confused: s for the rest of the thread and TheDeuce: I could be wrong, because I have no idea, but can't you be a concientious objector and not be drafted?

Concietious objectors still must serve, but in noncombat postitions.

Concietious objectors still must serve, but in noncombat postitions.

Ah, now that makes sense. Now a follow up...does that mean they have to go into the warzone as a noncombat or are they relegated to some auxiliary position away from the war?

I'm against the draft but we need to do something to bolster our forces. I think using the National Guard overseas is just plain wrong.

During peacetime each state National Guard answers to the leadership in the 50 states, three territories and the District of Columbia. During national emergencies, however, the President reserves the right to mobilize the National Guard, putting them in federal duty status. While federalized, the units answer to the Combatant Commander of the theatre in which they are operating and, ultimately, to the President.

Even when not federalized, the Army National Guard has a federal obligation (or mission.) That mission is to maintain properly trained and equipped units, available for prompt mobilization for war, national emergency, or as otherwise needed.

The Army National Guard is a partner with the Active Army and the Army Reserves in fulfilling the country's military needs.

courtsey of http://www.arng.army.mil/federalmission.aspx

All National Guardsmen, Reservist, and Active Duty member know they can be called up for overseas assignment at anytime. It doesn’t matter if war has been declared or not. As a Vet of nine years Active Duty Air Force. I have had the opportunity of working along side some of the finest Guardsmen overseas in Saudi Arabia. They were proud to be there and not one said they should not be there. I contemplated joining the Kentucky ANG upon fulfilling my active duty commitment. But the logistics were not there, travel time, current job requirements. Had I joined there would be no reason why I would think that I should not go overseas and do my part.

GOD BLESS OUR Servicemen and Women, Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard (yes they are overseas also), And Civil Service …… And their Families. Just as big a part as those fighting.

If they ever bring the draft back in..........I have three choices, 1. Go to Canada 2. Go to Mexico 3. Go to Cuba, I would like to see 50, or at least 40, are there any professions that they do not make you draft because you are needed on the "home front"?

Or 4. Join up with Col Sanders...He's looking for a few good birds.:D

If they ever bring the draft back in..........I have three choices, 1. Go to Canada 2. Go to Mexico 3. Go to Cuba, I would like to see 50, or at least 40, are there any professions that they do not make you draft because you are needed on the "home front"?

Why wait? You can always start looking now.