Military Draft....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you this...Think what you want about me, say what you want about me...IM NOT GOING.

My daughter is over there fighting for your right to say that. It's a good thing she and thousands of others haven't said "IM NOT GOING"....think of all of your freedoms you enjoy each day and say a prayer for her.

My daughter is over there fighting for your right to say that. It's a good thing she and thousands of others haven't said "IM NOT GOING"....think of all of your freedoms you enjoy each day and say a prayer for her.

:thumb: :thumb:

Your daughter's service is greatly appreciated SD.

ShortDad -

Put me (and my entire family) down as an "AMEN" with UKMustangFan. We sincerely appreciate what she is doing on our behalf.

Frances

If they try and draft me, I wont go willing, I'll go down in a blaze of glory!!!

I'll tell you this...Think what you want about me, say what you want about me...IM NOT GOING.

I've tried to come up with a way to say this nicely. Let's just say that I find these types of additudes to be disappointing. It just strengthens my conviction that too many people in this country are unwilling to do the hard things. If you don't want to join a military service, fine. To say that you would not go if called up in a draft is just....distasteful (I deleted several other choices.)

I'd be interested to hear what those of you would do to avoid being drafted.

Why? What freedom are we protecting? CBS ran a poll the other night an Bush got a 26% approval. That's the lowest approval ever. I might support a war with someone else in charge, but it's obvious that he's messed it up. I don't trust him to fix it. I wouldn't want to go to Iraq for (whatever reason you might think we are there).

Are you of the opinion that we should fight when we believe in the cause, and not fight when we don't believe in the action. I don't think that we would have a very productive military if that were the case. We are in Iraq to protect our economic and military interest within the middle east. Soon enough, we will be in a much larger scale war to deter nuclear use. This will be unavoidable unless we want a militant muslim nation to have nuclear capability. However, WMD were an excuse when it came to Iraq. However, now that our feet are wet, we can't afford to leave their nation in an unstable state.

I've tried to come up with a way to say this nicely. Let's just say that I find these types of additudes to be disappointing. It just strengthens my conviction that too many people in this country are unwilling to do the hard things. If you don't want to join a military service, fine. To say that you would not go if called up in a draft is just....distasteful (I deleted several other choices.)

:thumb: :thumb:

I'd be interested to hear what those of you would do to avoid being drafted.

They would go to jail and deserve to do so.

From the Selective Service System:

NO DRAFT ON HORIZON!

Currently there is a flurry of newspaper articles about Selective Service planning to conduct an exercise of its field structure in 2009. However, the public should not be alarmed. No draft for the military is about to be reinstated. Rather, Selective Service is planning to test its policies, plans and procedures as it has done routinely over the years if resources are available. Given the decline in agency funding, this exercise may be postponed again as it has been in the past. As always, Selective Service continues to do its job of being ready to conduct a draft and to manage a program for civilian alternative service for men classified as conscientious objectors when directed by the Nation’s elected officials: the president and Congress.

They would go to jail and deserve to do so.

Harsh. I can see you being dissappointed in that attitude, but I'd hardly think they deserve to serve jailtime because they don't want to fight a battle they don't believe in.

There are several HUUUGE differences between the war in Iraq and the world wars. We're not fighting for our freedoms in Iraq... we're fighting for THEIR freedom, supposedly.

If we were to hypothetically say that Canada suddenly felt the need to invade America for our land and wealth and beautiful women, then I can pretty much promise you that nobody would be willing to dodge that draft. There probably really WOULD be grandmas in Montana with a 12 gauge ready to do some guerrilla warfare.

For young men and woman to not want to be drafted to go fight a war for another country in the desert... well, can't say I blame them.

I will be thinking what I want about you and I will be saying what I want about you TheDeuce...Bet your ears are burning. Your statement is also feathered. Know what I mean?

Harsh. I can see you being dissappointed in that attitude, but I'd hardly think they deserve to serve jailtime because they don't want to fight a battle they don't believe in.

There are several HUUUGE differences between the war in Iraq and the world wars. We're not fighting for our freedoms in Iraq... we're fighting for THEIR freedom, supposedly.

If we were to hypothetically say that Canada suddenly felt the need to invade America for our land and wealth and beautiful women, then I can pretty much promise you that nobody would be willing to dodge that draft. There probably really WOULD be grandmas in Montana with a 12 gauge ready to do some guerrilla warfare.

For young men and woman to not want to be drafted to go fight a war for another country in the desert... well, can't say I blame them.

It's not what You, They Or I believe in...It's about serving your country when in need. I don't believe I should pay so much taxes this year, but guess what?..I'll pay them or go to jail. Fighting wars (on foreign soil) for the USA or other countries interests is a very big reason why we can sit at home on our laptops and type whatever we want on BGP. Encourage your sons and daughters to be thankfull, ready and proud when your country calls for their help, whatever the cause.

Ok, I tthink we've beat up on Deuce and Rocket enough. Lets get back to the real topic"

Do you think they will bring the draft back? Under what circumstances.

If not, do you think our force strength is sufficient? What could we do to bolster our ranks?

Ok, I tthink we've beat up on Deuce and Rocket enough. Lets get back to the real topic"

Do you think they will bring the draft back? Under what circumstances.

If not, do you think our force strength is sufficient? What could we do to bolster our ranks?

I guess you're right, but I just signed in and read their posts for the first time, I couldn't resist.

I think they will bring the draft back when our soil is in need.

I personaly do not think our forces are what they should be, especially here at home. I for one think that our borders should be closed for a while. I think that all illegal immigrants should be removed, no matter the cost. I think that all applications for becoming an American citizen should be put on hold. Let's take a deep breath and be very selective on who gets in.

In order to do these things I think we need to draft a home based military, so to speak.