Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Streaming Exclusively on Peacock

Featured Replies

Since I've had Peacock for quite some time, it doesn't feel (to me) that I'm "paying extra" for an NFL game.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

However, our video isn't nearly as clear as the TNF games on Amazon Prime.

18 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The sad thing from that is they will now be 2 or maybe 3 in next years playoffs.

Everything is changing quick. 

Clearly Peacock is struggling for customers.   I'm wondering how many new users they gained with this stunt.    That would be the more telling stat.   Surely some of the 23,000,000 streams were from customer that were already premium users.

6 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Clearly Peacock is struggling for customers.   I'm wondering how many new users they gained with this stunt.    That would be the more telling stat.   Surely some of the 23,000,000 streams were from customer that were already premium users.

Right, kind of cooking the books. 

26 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

Since I've had Peacock for quite some time, it doesn't feel (to me) that I'm "paying extra" for an NFL game.

22 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

However, our video isn't nearly as clear as the TNF games on Amazon Prime.

I was explaining "all this" to a friend tonight, there are a lot of ways to look at it.  And for sure on the Amazon Prime picture, wow!!

18 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Clearly Peacock is struggling for customers.   I'm wondering how many new users they gained with this stunt.    That would be the more telling stat.   Surely some of the 23,000,000 streams were from customer that were already premium users.

I’m curious how many of those new subscribers cancel within the 1st month.

Just now, nees1212 said:

I’m curious how many of those new subscribers cancel within the 1st month.

If I'm guessing.   Of those that signed up just for the game, 95% aren't paying come next month.   And the other 5% are too lazy or to confused on how to cancel.

From Google:

Peacock is growing and now has 30 million subscribers, having “picked up 10 million subscribers last year.” Peacock has also made live sports a "backbone of its service." 2 days ago.

9 minutes ago, theguru said:

From Google:

Peacock is growing and now has 30 million subscribers, having “picked up 10 million subscribers last year.” Peacock has also made live sports a "backbone of its service." 2 days ago.

They also are now carrying Big10 basketball they have the Purdue and Indiana game on Tuesday.

I used to pooh-pooh soccer.  But I started watching the EPL a few years ago and got hooked.  I watch a lot of games on Peacock.  
 

And let’s face it. Where else can you hear commentary like “what a delicious ball”. 

Tonight's Wisconsin at Iowa Women's basketball game is streaming on Peacock for premium users.   The Caitlin Clark effect.   Never thought I'd see a women's game on what amounts to PPV.

3 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Tonight's Wisconsin at Iowa Women's basketball game is streaming on Peacock for premium users.   The Caitlin Clark effect.   Never thought I'd see a women's game on what amounts to PPV.

Wow, life moves fast...

I've had Peacock ever since it got the WWE Network. Like others have mentioned they carry the EPL, Big Ten, and stream every sporting event that is on NBC. I canceled cable last summer so this is where I watch Sunday Night Football. They also carry an MLB game every Sunday during the summer. Sometimes some new movies come out on it as well. 

On 1/14/2024 at 10:59 PM, theguru said:

Right, kind of cooking the books. 

Despite NBC boasting a substantial 23 million viewer count for the game, a deeper analysis suggests the NFL may have missed a significant viewership opportunity by not airing the game through traditional channels.

Sports Illustrated's Jimmy Traina highlights a potential loss of 10 to 12 million viewers, a deduction made evident when compared to other games ratings. For instance, the Green Bay Packers' victory over the Dallas Cowboys aired on FOX, attracting a remarkable 40 million viewers.

Similarly, the Detroit Lions' triumph against the Los Angeles Rams, broadcast on NBC, drew in 36 million viewers. Another game featuring the Houston Texans and the Cleveland Browns, also on NBC, garnered 29 million. Among these, the Chiefs-Dolphins game, exclusively on Peacock, trailed noticeably in viewership numbers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.