Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Streaming Exclusively on Peacock

Featured Replies

The other thing I'd add is look over your existing services and see if one of those might give you a free streaming subscription.  I have Walmart+ for grocery deliveries and that gives me free Paramount+ (with ads).  Also, Cricket cell service provides a free HBO Max subscription (with ads).

Not sure what exactly links to Peacock.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

I've been anti-Peacock for a couple years now ever since they took over the majority of the availability of English Premier League games.

25 minutes ago, theguru said:

I assume this is true of anything including pay per view events like UFC?

I would also imagine the "Firestick powers that be" have end arounds but please everyone do not share anything specific about that here on BGP.

I would assume so, yes.

Peacock is good for the Dan Patrick Show if you like him. Other than that, any subscription with them is just a waste of money. Just a bunch of channels with old reruns and movies that are B level at best. 

2 hours ago, Pi said:

Peacock is good for the Dan Patrick Show if you like him. Other than that, any subscription with them is just a waste of money. Just a bunch of channels with old reruns and movies that are B level at best. 

It does have the WWE library, but yeah, if you aren't in pro wrestling that doesn't move the needle either!

But their movie selection is easily the worst of all the "major" streaming services.  And the service isn't profitable.  It lost $2.8 billion in 2023.

8 hours ago, theguru said:

I took a quick "google look" and best I can tell there is no free trial.  

Peacock already has a "free" option that let's you download and use the service.   But there are certain things that are not available unless you pay for the premium service.  For example, I love "Night Court" and if I want to watch the new reboot on Peacock, I can watch 2 episodes for free, but have to pay for premium access if I want to see the whole series (which I won't do).  And some shows don't even offer free episodes, it's all premium.    The NFL game will fall under that premium access.

We have access to Peacock already, but I can assure you that I would not pay an extra dime just to watch an NFL game and that's from someone that watches just about every TNF, SNF, and MNF game.

On 1/10/2024 at 11:23 PM, Mustang said:

I've got a real problem that I am being held hostage to pony up additional money to watch Patrick Mahomes play Saturday night.

I pay Alta-Fiber nearly $150 (TV/Internet) a month to assure that I receive network TV and will be provided major sporting events. 

We should have seen this coming when Thursday night Football became Pay Per View.

I am 76 years old and am going to forced to pay up, or refrain from watching the game altogether, as a matter of principle.  If I were in my 20s or 30s this would really concern me that my future TV will become a series of "The Super Bowl Streaming Exclusively on ROKU" or "The Kentucky Derby Streaming Exclusively on You Tube".  Where will it end???  It won't.  So long as we suckers pony up the cash, these people will continue to squeeze the last dime out of us.

I consider watching NFL Football on network TV an American birthright, and even moreso since I pay Alta-Fiber to represent me for my subscription fee to provide these games.  Who is out there representing us in these matters and allowing this to happen???

Great post as usual Mustang. Sitting here in SC remembering our conversation in 1998 in the coach's office and you telling us about how long you could live before your investment income would run out lol. The topper was in 2008 during the downturn when you came in and laughingly told us it wasn't going to last as long. My friend, you are still rolling along!!

I saw yesterday that there is actually a betting line on the over/under of the number of viewers for the streaming service game tonight and the over/under was 11 million.

14 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I saw yesterday that there is actually a betting line on the over/under of the number of viewers for the streaming service game tonight and the over/under was 11 million.

I took another look, they are running a sale ? $29.99 for a year.

I tried to access NBC 6 out of Miami online for the game.  Well, that didn't work.  They shut that down too.

2 minutes ago, nkypete said:

I tried to access NBC 6 out of Miami online for the game.  Well, that didn't work.  They shut that down too.

shades-cool.gif

Just now, theguru said:

shades-cool.gif

The Internet is supposed to free, boss man! ? The game is on NBC 6 in Miami, but on standard TV.  When I clicked "Watch Live TV" on their website, I got a Jessica Simpson interview.  ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.