NBA to Ban Its Players From Certain Night Spots?

Thus, my proposal of a 1:00am curfew....I'll email Commish Stern, see if his people, will talk with my people.....:thumb:

How are they really going to enforce that???? Its a semi good idea but will never work. By the way I don't think Sternw ill e-mail you back.:lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected. I didn't know that a person would need to be able to attend a bar at 3:00 AM to enjoy life more.:rolleyes:

I never said I needed to be able to do that. I just like my freedom, when someone tells me where I can and can't go, they're taking that away from me. It's kinda like forcing me to wear a seatbelt in a car, Im not real fond of that either.

I'm not opposed to people going to strip clubs. However, NBA players are investments for teams. If you're going to drop $20 million on a player, then you want to insure the safety of your investment, don't you? That's why you tell them they can't go skiing, sky diving or motorcycle riding. Honestly, less is likely to happen to you skydiving than being at a strip club at 3 a.m. It's just protecting investments, and I say they have every right to do that.

Good post, but taking away freedom is prison not NBA.

How are they really going to enforce that???? Its a semi good idea but will never work. By the way I don't think Sternw ill e-mail you back.:lol:
It would have to be monitored, by each team....usually the SID and a designated Coach. Stipulations could be per each team, with certain guidelines to follow and arrival, departure times which are current on most player itineraries.

You never know about Commish Stern, we may be night-clubbing buddies, from way back....:lol:

It would have to be monitored, by each team....usually the SID and a designated Coach. Stipulations could be per each team, with certain guidelines to follow and arrival, departure times which are current on most player itineraries.

You never know about Commish Stern, we may be night-clubbing buddies, from way back....:lol:

Coach I was asleep at 2:00 when you called. What else would I be doing?

Sounds very believable!!!! Not always true, but hey I'm a deep sleeper and I didn't hear the phone ring.

Coach I was asleep at 2:00 when you called. What else would I be doing?

Sounds very believable!!!! Not always true, but hey I'm a deep sleeper and I didn't hear the phone ring.

If road games, most could have visual confirmation of players being in within curfew. If home games, players could call from home and check in with SID/Coach, to verify they are home. Would take :5 seconds....what they do after that, can result in a fine, suspension or contract breech.

Contract stipulations, are very difficult to pass through a union but team rules, can be much easier ascertained. Like I mentioned before, these are grown adults, men and should be treated that way.

If road games, most could have visual confirmation of players being in within curfew. If home games, players could call from home and check in with SID/Coach, to verify they are home. Would take :5 seconds....what they do after that, can result in a fine, suspension or contract breech.

Contract stipulations, are very difficult to pass through a union but team rules, can be much easier ascertained. Like I mentioned before, these are grown adults, men and should be treated that way.

I don't think any grown man should have a curfew or be told where they can or can not go.

=IAmAFan]If road games, most could have visual confirmation of players being in within curfew. If home games, players could call from home and check in with SID/Coach, to verify they are home. Would take :5 seconds....what they do after that, can result in a fine, suspension or contract breech.

I don't think any grown man should have a curfew or be told where they can or can not go.

If you're a college or professional athlete, curfews are often administered on road games. My proposal, is merely an alternative to banning of visiting this place or that.

If grown men made better decisions, this wouldn't be an issue or even up for consideration. Each sport has several on-going concerns, which must be addressed in some capacity and what the answer is for one, may not work in the other.

NBA is a business and the players, are contract Labor....very well compensated and hopefully, no one else will be involved in any incidents, fights, shootings or illegal substance issues, from any sport....hopefully.

If you're a college or professional athlete, curfews are often administered on road games. My proposal, is merely an alternative to banning of visiting this place or that.

If grown men made better decisions, this wouldn't be an issue or even up for consideration. Each sport has several on-going concerns, which must be addressed in some capacity and what the answer is for one, may not work in the other.

NBA is a business and the players, are contract Labor....very well compensated and hopefully, no one else will be involved in any incidents, fights, shootings or illegal substance issues, from any sport....hopefully.

Really, you are going to turn down a $20 million dollar contract because you can't visit XYZ saloon and instead going overseas and playing for a contract that is 10% of that?
Heck I wouldn't. For $20 million dollars, the parties can be at my house. :thumb: