Bowling Green 38 Owensboro 6

Purple88

Congrats to the purples. They showed why they’re the kings of football in western KY. Their defense shut Hampton and the Red Devils offense down tonight. Duece Bailey showed he was by far and away the best player on the field tonight. Blows my mind how BG keeps getting QBs like Bailey since the Scooter Hollis era.lol

Go win state purples. 

PS the Devils will be back. 👹

• Like 4

Two major points first.

1. The officials in this game were some of the most incompetent I’ve seen. Thankfully it didn’t matter, but it could have. It is unacceptable to have this type of incompetency in a final four game.  THE KHSAA needs to find a way to pay these people more so we can get rid of guys like this and keep good officials in.

2. I love how Owensboro kept their starting offense in with a running clock against BG’s freshmen and JV team with like 2 minutes left To get their only score of the game.

Now onto the game. Purples were all business tonight. I don’t know if Owensboro just topped out last week against South Warren or what, but this was a major beat down. Owensboro had nothing.

I am so impressed with how’s BG defense has improved over the course of the season.

I don’t believe BG had any injuries either.  So I hope that’s correct.  Two years in a row BG makes it back to the title game!

I think it worth noting that BG has done all of this minus the Barlow kid at WR who was committed to Air Force before going down in a scrimmage at the beginning of the year. That's pretty special that they are back in the Finals minus a D1 player they expected to have. Hats off to the coaches and players and one more to go! 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Two major points first.

1. The officials in this game were some of the most incompetent I’ve seen. Thankfully it didn’t matter, but it could have. It is unacceptable to have this type of incompetency in a final four game.  THE KHSAA needs to find a way to pay these people more so we can get rid of guys like this and keep good officials in.

2. I love how Owensboro kept their starting offense in with a running clock against BG’s freshmen and JV team with like 2 minutes left To get their only score of the game.

Now onto the game. Purples were all business tonight. I don’t know if Owensboro just topped out last week against South Warren or what, but this was a major beat down. Owensboro had nothing.

I am so impressed with how’s BG defense has improved over the course of the season.

I don’t believe BG had any injuries either.  So I hope that’s correct.  Two years in a row BG makes it back to the title game!

The 68 yard run by Hampton came against mostly backups but there were no freshman. 2 seniors, 4 juniors and  5 sophomores. #30 and #12 were both in and are top 10 in tackles for BG.  He had a 54 yard run the series before against starters. He probably had 115-120 yards rushing prior to the long run.  I had quit watching by then as BG locked down O.   No one will remember the final TD but O getting clocked.  BGis on  all cylinders and will be tough to beat.

• Haha 1

Congratulations Owensboro on a terrific season.  Most knowledgeable Red Devil fans knew this was a young and rather inexperienced Red Devils team with alot of Sophomores and some Freshman playing this season.  The future is very bright on Fredrica Street.  Mr. Hampton is a special player.  BG had 11 players focused on him today and it took them all to keep him in check.  Special player.  And how about that signature win over South Warren?  One of Owensboro's best in the near term.  Small steps Red Devils!

They will be back stronger next season.

How bout those Purples!  Deuce Bailey was really good tonight with his legs early and his arm late.  Just a special talent.  Already has the BG yardage record and still a long way to go.  But this Bowling Green defense has turned the corner.  They haven't played murderer's row in the playoffs, but they have played the teams in front of them and that's all you can do.  This unit is now really confident and playing inspired football and to me really set the offense up so well tonight.  Unsung players playing awfully well include JR DB Charlie Compton with great coverage and a pivitol Pick with BG only up 17-0 and O driving.  Big.  JR LB Jayden Axson was perhaps his best tonight; harrassing the QB/sacks/tracking Hampton.  Just a super job done by the entire coaching staff.  Very impressive.

Now on to a tremendously talent Cooper squad playing as well as anyone.

Go Purples!

• Like 3