Owensboro at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins This 5A STATE SEMIFINAL Game?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this 5A STATE SEMIFINAL game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2023 at 11:00 PM

On 11/23/2023 at 4:12 PM, Devils Fan said:

Just for the sake of keeping this post alive. I dare say that player might be in  Red and Black come friday night….

Went back and watched BG play Bryan Station, St. X, South Warren and LCA to look for some keys to success. What all these teams had against BG that made them successful was a good run game and efficient intermediate passing to keep the sticks moving. BG still seems to struggle with the run. This isn’t the Purples defense we’re use to seeing in years passed. Mix that in with the possibility of, that outside of Hensley the Purples might be going against the best/fastest running back they’ve seen all season. With a pretty good Oline to go with it. 

Also like to add that losing 2 of the top 3 receivers should in theory make it a little easier to game plan and key on Barber. I’m thinking zone defense with man on Barber would be the way to go. Have to make someone else beat you. I don’t believe BG has that other guy at wide out. I could be wrong but we shall see soon enough. 

Is it Friday yet? Let’s go Devils.

Owensboro looked good on the opening drive against BG at Rash Stadium. Ran it right down the Purples throat. But after that BG adjusted and there was very little running room for OHS. The game will come down to Delacey completing enough passes to make BG pay for stacking the box. Because I believe that’s what we’ll see tonight. Owensboro’s OC will need to call a game similar to what he did against South Warren.

• Like 2

This one is tough on me, I truly appreciate what both programs do and how they play, these two have to be my favorite teams that don’t wear the green and gold. 

I like to go with the underdog, so give me the Devils 28-27. Good luck to both and hope both stay healthy. 

• Like 3