Owensboro at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins This 5A STATE SEMIFINAL Game?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this 5A STATE SEMIFINAL game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2023 at 11:00 PM

Delacey is going to have to either throw the ball out of bounds or take the sack when the pressure closes in. If he does that this will be a closer game this go round. If not it'll be about like the first meeting. I expect BG to sell out against the run so it might be tough sledding for Hampton and Winstead. Crowe had a good game for OHS the first time. He may be the X factor again for the Red Devils next week. I just don't think it'll be enough. 35-20 BG 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

What adjustments have BG made that’s made their defense better? 

They haven’t, got healthier, but schematically they’ve been doing the same thing they have for years. I look at the South Warren game and both teams capitalized off the Spartans mistakes and came out victorious. This matchup will be won in the turnover department, whoever plays the cleaner game will get the W. Should be a great game in Bowling Green Friday night.

BG 41 OB 34

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

They haven’t, got healthier, but schematically they’ve been doing the same thing they have for years. I look at the South Warren game and both teams capitalized off the Spartans mistakes and came out victorious. This matchup will be won in the turnover department, whoever plays the cleaner game will get the W. Should be a great game in Bowling Green Friday night.

BG 41 OB 34

Just like the last time these 2 teams met. That game was pretty much decided by turnovers also because O was moving the ball pretty well. Can’t have 3 interceptions a blocked punt and literally uncovered receivers on 4th and goal and expect to beat a team like BG. I expect coach Fallin and staff to have that corrected this time around. I can’t wait!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Sweeney is out for the season for the Purples? That’s a pretty big loss wasn’t he Baileys 2nd most targeted receiver?

Yes, has been out since before the playoffs started.  Would’ve loved to see the offense with Barlow, Sweeney and Barber in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

Just now, Brown said:

@Purple88won't the sporting times BG have this game as well?

This time of year there is more red tape to deal with, but I'm nearly 100% certain the Sporting Times will stream this game for free here:

- Sporting Times (stfanclub.com)

It isn't up yet, but it wasn't up early last week either (and still streamed the Fairdale game), but I am pretty confident it will be later in the week.  It's a pro-BG broadcast but I find it pretty fair honestly (I guess that's through purple colored glasses though - HA!)

BG being at home they get to punk the NFHS guys.  If it were at Rash, it would be audio only.  That's the way it's been in the past anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I  rewatched the first game. Barber, Deuce…they did everything they wanted.  BG defense wasn’t great but it did way more to stop Owensboro than vice versa.  Both teams appear to be firing on all cylinders and have great speed.  That said Bailey rarely makes a bad decision.  A ton of TD’s vs a handful of interceptions. I think it’s going to be a great game.  BG should rightly be favored.  Head says BG by 14, heart Owensboro by 7.  

• Like 1