Corbin vs. Boyle County  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Corbin vs. Boyle County

• Corbin
    • Boyle County

14 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I'll agree with half of that not sure about both. imo

13 minutes ago, Astro Domino said:

And then Paducah wins 4A. I’m kidding. Just wondering how they will/would matchup against these two.

Paducah winning 4A, no.

1/2 of the statement I can live with. Everyone seems to agree that Boyle is the real deal. I'll acknowledge that I may be too high on Corbin, but I think that they are a very, very good team that is being slept on. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, burreaux said:

Paducah winning 4A, no.

1/2 of the statement I can live with. Everyone seems to agree that Boyle is the real deal. I'll acknowledge that I may be too high on Corbin, but I think that they are a very, very good team that is being slept on. 

The good thing about it is they can prove it tomorrow night. I don’t think they will.

Boyle 28

Corbin 14. 

19 hours ago, RetiredCoach1968 said:

That's a good point, I remember the Kelly Kid starting at center last year, I looked him up and he was a freshman against us and BC running behind him in the championship game. I have heard he starts both ways and has been out, so that could be a factor if he doesn't play or plays only one way. I went down to the FD game, and he was pancaking their dlineman and making numerous plays on Defense... That's the fun part of a game like this, the matchups within the game...of course we all probably remember his brother, not sure where he went but it was a big school if I remember correctly. 

Colt had a strain about a month ago, and sat out a couple of games but has played the last two and I expect him to go both ways tonight. His brother, Wilson, was the best lineman I have ever seen in high school. He dominated John Young (who was #1 recruit at 6'7" 315 lbs and went to UK) and Boyle beat LCA 72-0.  Colt is already ranked as 5th best lineman in the state and only a sophomore. 

Coach Greer and the Redhounds have been right on the cusp the past few years.  It will be the biggest challenge they've faced, but the upset takes place tonight @ Rebel Stadium.  I would love to see a good man in Coach Greer be able to get a state championship.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

As to Boyle vs Trinity:

Trinity 27 Boyle County 21

Calpreps may say that based on numbers but I've seen them both up close and personal and while most years it would not be but this season Boyle Co. is better that Trinity by that score reversed or maybe even a little more than 6 points.