Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin at Boyle County Predictions/Updates

Corbin vs. Boyle County 159 members have voted

  1. 1. Corbin vs. Boyle County

    • Corbin
      25%
      41
    • Boyle County
      74%
      118

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

21 hours ago, theguru said:

I wish these two teams could only meet in the finals but here we are.

Corbin is amazing but I am going with Boyle County. 

How many times did we see Highlands/CovCath knock headsas the top 2 in the state?

  • Replies 200
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I wish these two teams could only meet in the finals but here we are. Corbin is amazing but I am going with Boyle County. 

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    Got my tickets. I’ll be there.  First HS football game in years. Lol.  

  • Actually, the all-time series between Boyle County and Corbin is tied at 4 games to 4.   The teams first met in 1977 in the regional championship game at Boyle with Corbin winning 37-15.  They again m

Posted Images

Just now, 9068 said:

How many times did we see Highlands/CovCath knock headsas the top 2 in the state?

I am not sure Boyle and Corbin are top 2 in the state or CCH and Highlands were back in the day.

For starters, I think Boyle would struggle to beat Trinity and I sure as heck do not see Corbin beating Trinity. 

10 hours ago, Hitemdeep said:

Should be a great game & championship atmosphere at Boyle. Both teams are solid defensively and I look for a real similar score from last years matchup. Quisenberry is the X Factor, Boyle 28-24.

I completely agree about Quisenberry being the X Factor.  He has touched the ball 74 times this season via the rush or on a reception.  He has turned those 74 touches into 25 touchdowns.  One out of every 3 times that the Rebels get him the ball he scores.  He also averages 15.7 yards every time he gets the ball from scrimmage.  That is just electric.  And those numbers don't even take into account the 2 punt return and 2 kickoff return touchdowns.  If Boyle get him the ball between 10-15 times I don't think Corbin can hang with the Rebels.  Boyle County 38-24.  

2 hours ago, BigBlue92 said:

Paducah Tilghman McRight Stadium has a max capacity at 11,100! With the away stands and the track I believe it could hold 13k. I’ve also been to DuPont Manuals stadium and I feel like  that stadium could hold a good amount also!

Ohh ok thanks, I had seen PT's stadium in pictures and it never appeared that large to me especially with the small away bleachers, the only stadium that's ever looked large to me is Manuel Stadium and Stadium of Champions in Hoptown.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I am not sure Boyle and Corbin are top 2 in the state or CCH and Highlands were back in the day.

For starters, I think Boyle would struggle to beat Trinity and I sure as heck do not see Corbin beating Trinity. 

Curious as to why you think Boyle would struggle to beat Trinity. Douglass won at Trinity earlier this year and Boyle completely dominated at Douglass. I'm not saying that Boyle would win easily but, I could definitely see them winning that hypothetical game this year.

I'll be honest, I've been to PT's stadium and I can't imagine it can hold anything close to 11K. 

1 minute ago, burreaux said:

Curious as to why you think Boyle would struggle to beat Trinity. Douglass won at Trinity earlier this year and Boyle completely dominated at Douglass. I'm not saying that Boyle would win easily but, I could definitely see them winning that hypothetical game this year.

Living in the here and now, but it is good to know you think Boyle would not struggle to beat Trinity, interesting. 

7 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I'll be honest, I've been to PT's stadium and I can't imagine it can hold anything close to 11K. 

I’m just going by what’s written on a plaque that’s screwed in on one of the walk through tunnels!

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

Living in the here and now, but it is good to know you think Boyle would not struggle to beat Trinity, interesting. 

Not quite what I said...

Boyle is being talked about as one of the best offenses (and teams) in the state. They have multiple D1 athletes, including the most dynamic player in the state since Wan'Dale, and a proven winner at HC.

To me, when you say struggle to beat Trinity, I read that as might win 1 or 2 out of 10 matchups. This year, I think that matchup would be 5-5 or maybe even 6-4 in favor of Boyle. I'm not saying they are going to dominate them, but there is some data in common opponents to suggest that game would be competitive.

3 minutes ago, burreaux said:

Not quite what I said...

Boyle is being talked about as one of the best offenses (and teams) in the state. They have multiple D1 athletes, including the most dynamic player in the state since Wan'Dale, and a proven winner at HC.

To me, when you say struggle to beat Trinity, I read that as might win 1 or 2 out of 10 matchups. This year, I think that matchup would be 5-5 or maybe even 6-4 in favor of Boyle. I'm not saying they are going to dominate them, but there is some data in common opponents to suggest that game would be competitive.

I say 3 or 4 out of 10, but I do think Boyle wins 7 or 8 out of 10 against the Redhounds. 

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

I say 3 or 4 out of 10, but I do think Boyle wins 7 or 8 out of 10 against the Redhounds. 

Really? I must be a lot higher on Corbin than you then, I think that their defense is elite and this Boyle/Corbin game is pretty evenly matched. 

1 minute ago, burreaux said:

Really? I must be a lot higher on Corbin than you then, I think that their defense is elite and this Boyle/Corbin game is pretty evenly matched. 

I think so but admittedly I need to see more of Corbin to give a strong, informed opinion.   How about this, I think Boyle wins more than they lose against Corbin, can we agree on that?

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I think so but admittedly I need to see more of Corbin to give a strong, informed opinion.   How about this, I think Boyle wins more than they lose against Corbin, can we agree on that?

Oh for sure, Boyle is getting talked about as the potential best team in the state, not Corbin, and I don't think that's a mistake or an oversight.

13 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I completely agree about Quisenberry being the X Factor.  He has touched the ball 74 times this season via the rush or on a reception.  He has turned those 74 touches into 25 touchdowns.  One out of every 3 times that the Rebels get him the ball he scores.  He also averages 15.7 yards every time he gets the ball from scrimmage.  That is just electric.  And those numbers don't even take into account the 2-punt return and 2 kickoff return touchdowns.  If Boyle get him the ball between 10-15 times I don't think Corbin can hang with the Rebels.  Boyle County 38-24.  

Totally agree. With that, I say if Corbin can find a way to slow Quisenberry or limit him to 1 or 2 scores they have a shot to win. Boyle has several great athletes, but Quisenberry has proved he is the guy that will beat good teams. Like several have said he is a gifted athlete who can turn busted or plays that should be tackled for losses into 50+ yard TD runs or catches. Some of the Boyle faithful say lightning in a bottle: that's a perfect description. He is a nightmare for opposing Defensive Coordinators. 

Boyle Co. 34-28.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.