Corbin at Boyle County Predictions/Updates

MorrowManiac

Corbin vs. Boyle County  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Corbin vs. Boyle County

• Corbin
    • Boyle County

Two undefeated 4A teams go head to head in Danville. The Corbin Redhounds have looked good all season beating Fredrick Douglass early on in the season 6-0 at home on the other hand you got Boyle County who looks just as good if not better beating Fredrick Douglass more recently 28-7 also beating Lexington Catholic and Lexington Christian. We should be in for a good one in Danville.

5I1J04N.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I wish these two teams could only meet in the finals but here we are.

Corbin is amazing but I am going with Boyle County. 

I am also going with Boyle County in this one I think it could go either way at the same time. This is a rematch from the 4A championship game last year that Boyle County won 32-26. Boyle County has won 3 out of the 4 times that they have played each other in 2010,2017,2018 and most recently 2022.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MorrowManiac said:

I am also going with Boyle County in this one I think it could go either way at the same time. This is a rematch from the 4A championship game last year that Boyle County won 32-26. Boyle County has won 3 out of the 4 times that they have played each other in 2010,2017,2018 and most recently 2022.

Same on either way.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MorrowManiac said:

Actually, the all-time series between Boyle County and Corbin is tied at 4 games to 4.   The teams first met in 1977 in the regional championship game at Boyle with Corbin winning 37-15.  They again met in the regional championship in 1982 at Corbin.  Corbin won again 28-13.  In 1992 Corbin won at home with a 10-7 victory in a 1st round playoff game.  They met again in the 1st round in 1994, with Boyle winning 14-7 at home.  The next meeting wasn’t until 2010 in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic at Corbin, which Boyle won 42-10.  In the 2017 state championship game Boyle won 40-21.  In 2018, Boyle traveled to Corbin in the state semi-finals and Corbin blanked the Rebels 21-0.  In 2022 Boyle prevailed 32-26 in the state championship game.  It has been a great series between two very proud programs.

• Like 5

It’ll be hard for me to go against the Rebels. Corbin is an excellent team that has just enough fire power on offense and enough grit on defense to make this a game. 

I think the Rebels have just a little more team speed and that’ll likely be the difference. How big of a difference it to be determined. 

• Like 1

This should be a very good game and many look forward to watching or seeing how it turns out. I believe that the Rebels have the overall speed advantage and will win. I also think that Corbin can win. Good luck to both teams in a game that is what I would consider the 4A state championship.

This will be a great matchup likely with one team (Corbin) very disciplined and physical going against another team (Boyle) extremely fast, disciplined, and physical as well. Can’t wait to see how they actually matchup.  Gotta go with my Rebels 31-28.

Both well coached.  Tons of great community support for both teams. Whichever team wins will be hard to top in the 4th round or finals. Probably some of the best football in Kentucky on display this next Friday night!  Gonna be tough to find a seat. 

53 minutes ago, Paul Dean said:

I would be curious as to what Coach McPeek thinks about this game as Fredrick Douglass has tangled with both teams.

I can tell you that he would probably never say it out loud to anyone but after seeing them up close and personal I feel Boyle is the better team on both sides of the ball. This may sound strange but just for my part I would not be that surprised to see Boyle win by 10+.

• Like 2