Utah Trucks (NIL)

Jumper_Dad

32 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What in the Corbin is going on here...

2 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

Can't speak to Utah's truck situation, but here's how they bling out the rigs in my neck of the woods.

Screenshot_20231005-130747__01.jpg

Picked this from a Northern Indiana Facebook account. I suspect some Mennonites have gone rogue and done a Photoshop to spoof their Amish neighbors. Cue Weird Al's "Amish Paradise."

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

Picked this from a Northern Indiana Facebook account. I suspect some Mennonites have gone rogue and done a Photoshop to spoof their Amish neighbors. Cue Weird Al's "Amish Paradise."

"Churned butter once or twice...."

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

In one of the most unique and lucrative arrangements of the 27-month-old name, image and likeness era, the Crimson Collective, the NIL group supporting Utah athletics, is presenting a truck to each one of the 85 scholarship members of the football team. The history-making deal is estimated to be in the seven figures. Each truck’s retail price is $61,000.

https://sports.yahoo.com/utah-nil-group-gifts-dodge-ram-1500-trucks-to-all-85-scholarship-football-players-185618701.html

Trucks are going to the players on renewable six month leases. As long as they stay at Utah the truck is theirs and the collective covers the insurance. 

If we "thought" NIL was crazy, this is about to kick it into another stratosphere.

Then again they are just getting Dodge's, so it's not really that big of a deal. LOL

889437d0-62e2-11ee-bebe-be31ba6fbab5.png

Not overly surprised,  other than the fact that it's ALL 85 players.  Works for recruiting and retention though.  You can transfer to another school, but the truck is staying with Utah.

• Like 1

Three observations:

1. This is so out of control. Water is over the dam.

2. The dealership that agreed to this has either lost their mind or has to much money, or both.

3. Wait until one of these cars is involved in a crime and they can't identify the license plate. That'll be fun for everyone involved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pi said:

Three observations:

2. The dealership that agreed to this has either lost their mind or has to much money, or both.

3. Wait until one of these cars is involved in a crime and they can't identify the license plate. That'll be fun for everyone involved. 

The guy behind this has over 70 dealerships across Utah, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Nevada, Texas, and Wyoming. I'm sure he'll be able to flip the trucks after the leases are up no problem. 

I agree, they'll be very recognizable and that could be a problem if one of them is involved in nefarious activities.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pi said:

Three observations:

If they're dumb enough to use these vehicles in a crime, I'm confident they're dumb enough to get caught.  Every single one of those trucks is equipped with GPS and can be downloaded in a matter of minutes. Then there's the GPS trackers these guys carry in their pockets every where to utilize social media, text, call, etc with friends.  Countless video cameras around most neighborhoods and so on.

Honestly, any Detective that gets assigned a case involving one of those trucks, is being handed an easy win.

The donor/dealer clearly knows that's always a risk. 

On 10/5/2023 at 3:20 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

In one of the most unique and lucrative arrangements of the 27-month-old name, image and likeness era, the Crimson Collective, the NIL group supporting Utah athletics, is presenting a truck to each one of the 85 scholarship members of the football team. The history-making deal is estimated to be in the seven figures. Each truck’s retail price is $61,000.

https://sports.yahoo.com/utah-nil-group-gifts-dodge-ram-1500-trucks-to-all-85-scholarship-football-players-185618701.html

Trucks are going to the players on renewable six month leases. As long as they stay at Utah the truck is theirs and the collective covers the insurance. 

If we "thought" NIL was crazy, this is about to kick it into another stratosphere.

Then again they are just getting Dodge's, so it's not really that big of a deal. LOL

889437d0-62e2-11ee-bebe-be31ba6fbab5.png

And years ago we didn't want players to get laundry money lol. What about money to go on a date or out to eat? That was another biggie.

On 10/5/2023 at 3:46 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

I definitely could see a basketball team being set up private jets for players. It would be x amount of hours leased per year per player, but that's going to happen at some point. Kids can fly mom in for the games or use their allotted hours to hit Vegas up like Rodman when they need to blow off some stress.

This truck deal is the tipping point, it's either about to get CRAZY or get reined in some way.

As a teacher and coach I learned quickly that if you started out "easy" you couldn't rein it in. In the words of some great philosopher " You ain't seen nothing yet." Homes for families in the player's town where they play are next.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2023 at 2:58 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

The guy behind this has over 70 dealerships across Utah, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Nevada, Texas, and Wyoming. I'm sure he'll be able to flip the trucks after the leases are up no problem. 

I agree, they'll be very recognizable and that could be a problem if one of them is involved in nefarious activities.

Nefarious...... now that's a word you don't see on BGP too often lol. I bet Guru encountered a few nefarious characters in his previous career.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...