Utah Trucks (NIL)

Jumper_Dad

In one of the most unique and lucrative arrangements of the 27-month-old name, image and likeness era, the Crimson Collective, the NIL group supporting Utah athletics, is presenting a truck to each one of the 85 scholarship members of the football team. The history-making deal is estimated to be in the seven figures. Each truck’s retail price is $61,000.

https://sports.yahoo.com/utah-nil-group-gifts-dodge-ram-1500-trucks-to-all-85-scholarship-football-players-185618701.html

Trucks are going to the players on renewable six month leases. As long as they stay at Utah the truck is theirs and the collective covers the insurance. 

If we "thought" NIL was crazy, this is about to kick it into another stratosphere.

Then again they are just getting Dodge's, so it's not really that big of a deal. LOL

889437d0-62e2-11ee-bebe-be31ba6fbab5.png

• Like 1

• Jumper_Dad changed the title to Utah Trucks (NIL)

I definitely could see a basketball team being set up private jets for players. It would be x amount of hours leased per year per player, but that's going to happen at some point. Kids can fly mom in for the games or use their allotted hours to hit Vegas up like Rodman when they need to blow off some stress.

This truck deal is the tipping point, it's either about to get CRAZY or get reined in some way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I definitely could see a basketball team being set up private jets for players. It would be x amount of hours leased per year per player, but that's going to happen at some point. Kids can fly mom in for the games or use their allotted hours to hit Vegas up like Rodman when they need to blow off some stress.

This truck deal is the tipping point, it's either about to get CRAZY or get reined in some way.

I get where you're coming from, but private jets are a whole other tax bracket, even for only 10-12 people. And while cool, having access to a private jet isn't that practical or useful for a college basketball player. 

A truck/car is much more useful to the average college athlete. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I get where you're coming from, but private jets are a whole other tax bracket, even for only 10-12 people. And while cool, having access to a private jet isn't that practical or useful for a college basketball player. 

A truck/car is much more useful to the average college athlete. 

You wouldn't buy one, just lease time on it for them. Wouldn't be stupid expensive. 

It won't be about being useful or practical, it will be about perceptions. Think of the recruiting swag every time one of your players post on social media from his private plane flight.

It's about to get stupid. 😆 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

You wouldn't buy one, just lease time on it for them. Wouldn't be stupid expensive. 

It won't be about being useful or practical, it will be about perceptions. Think of the recruiting swag every time one of your players post on social media from his private plane flight.

I definitely agree that it is going to get more and more out of hand, I just don't know if planes are a realistic option, lol. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I definitely agree that it is going to get more and more out of hand, I just don't know if planes are a realistic option, lol. 

I get that, but I wouldn't have thought 85 pickups was a realistic option 24 hours ago...lol

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

It has already gotten stupid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Imagine the confusion when they all come out after practice and are trying to figure out which truck is theirs and all of them are hitting their remotes at the same time.  😆 

Everyone needs to bling them out so they can tell them apart.