Covington Catholic 35 Beechwood 31

Great high school football game!!!!! CovCath coaching staff made the adjustments they needed to make and the players made the plays when they needed them. Hope all the injured players on both sides heal quickly. It was a hard hitting game.

• Like 1

Tough loss for Beechwood but nothing to hang their heads about in this one.  The Independent school team under dog took the fight to the Catholic school team favorite right out of the gates.  Exactly zero people expected Beechwood to be up 21-0 in that game.  Covington Catholic is good and they bounced back and pulled out the win.  I’m not a Beechwood fan and definitely not a fan of moral victories but Beechwood exceeded expectations.  Build on that loss, learn from it and keep focus on the state championship set out for at the beginning of the season. 

Congrats to Covington Catholic.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

CovCath looked flat before figuring things out, but credit the Beechies, they came ready to play.

The 'just another game' attitude that the athletic dept at CCH tries to instill in players about the big games seems to frequently backfire and turn into 'just not excited about playing this game' instead. Let rivalry games be rivalry games.

• Like 2

Not sure I’ve ever watched a game where one team completely dominated the LOS in the first half, only for the other team to dominate the LOS in the second half.  Both teams are solid.  And I agree about adjusting for the QB draw.  It seemed like CC ran that play every other down.

55 minutes ago, theguru said:

I disagree.  Beechwood was a little lucky and got out front but CCH is the better team and they proved it the rest of the game. 

Why was Beechwood lucky?? If Beechwood would learn how to play Defense and make adjustments this would be a completely different team! They’ve been gashed on runs up the middle the last 3 games and do nothing about it! It just blows my mind how many yards they give up rushing and make no adjustments. I think both teams were pretty equal. Beechwood could have and I think should have won this game. Can’t blow a 21 point lead. Offense sells tickets, DEFENSE wins Championships! Best of luck to both teams the rest of the year and I hope they both win State! Go Tigers!!!

• Like 3

Just now, NKY KnowItAll said:

Why was Beechwood lucky?? If Beechwood would learn how to play Defense and make adjustments this would be a completely different team! They’ve been gashed on runs up the middle the last 3 games and do nothing about it! It just blows my mind how many yards they give up rushing and make no adjustments. I think both teams were pretty equal. Beechwood could have and I think should have won this game. Can’t blow a 21 point lead. Offense sells tickets, DEFENSE wins Championships! Best of luck to both teams the rest of the year and I hope they both win State! Go Tigers!!!

Pick 6.