Covington Catholic 35 Beechwood 31

I watched Xavier that whole play! He started to rush, then played that middle screen. He literally put himself in the perfect position! Kid made a great play! I feel in order to utilize him better, he needs to be back at Def End where he can be at the point of attack. He went from end to MLB. That’s a tough transition. He has to do too much thinking. The need to just turn him loose back on the line and wreak havoc! Just my 2 cents from an ole ball coach! Again, congrats to both team on a great game! Go Tigers!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

Pick 6.

What about the dropped interception that popped up and fell into CCH’s players hands that led to a first down on 3rd and long I believe?  Or the ticky rack pass interference on the same drive?  Either of those don’t happen and Beechwood likely wins. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ColonelGator said:

What a game!!!! These Colonels make the clutch plays when it matters. This team is going to rip through the rest of their schedule until the playoff.

It might be the worst schedule they’ve ever had. It’ll cost them when Boyle and Corbin come calling and they haven’t seen a decent team in 7-8 weeks. 

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

Great clutch grab by Tate Kruer on 4th down.

#14 Kruer doesn’t seem to get a lot of press, but I thought he did a great job defensively the game against Highlands too. He might be Covcath’s Mvp. A few others get the hype coming in, but this was really the guy making all the tackles.

• Like 1

Just now, Royal Blue said:

Facts. They ended up in 4A and the district is really bad. They’re stuck playing a bunch of games that won’t be a challenge. Those type of games just produce complacency. 

You may be right. Or you may be wrong. The front loaded schedule doesn't seem to bother Beechwood in the playoffs. And I've seen good CovCath teams wore down in the regular season by overscheduling. We won't know how it will play out until we know how it plays out.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

You may be right. Or you may be wrong. The front loaded schedule doesn't seem to bother Beechwood in the playoffs. And I've seen good CovCath teams wore down in the regular season by overscheduling. We won't know how it will play out until we know how it plays out.

You can definitely over-schedule and get guys hurt. But it would be nice to face some sort of resistance. There’s none left on that schedule.  

I would like to see Beechwood move this game to game #10, filling the slot that New Cath used to fill for Beechwood. I think that would be good for Cov Cath too. That gives you a strong test between district play and the first couple rounds of the playoffs. It would be a good pre playoff test of what weaknesses you need to fix to win the title.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I would like to see Beechwood move this game to game #10, filling the slot that New Cath used to fill for Beechwood. I think that would be good for Cov Cath too. That gives you a strong test between district play and the first couple rounds of the playoffs. It would be a good pre playoff test of what weaknesses you need to fix to win the title.

Makes a lot of sense. That guarantees it won't actually happen...