Covington Catholic 35 Beechwood 31

I know some people are criticizing the end of season schedule.  I don't think CCH loved it either, but with the reclassification to 4A and the already agreed upon games from the prior year it had to be what it is or we would have had to back out of other contracted games which in my opinion opens up another can of worms and wouldn't look kindly on the athletic department.   I'll be the optimist here and say though it may hurt our RPI (though there is nothing we can do about it because we have to play most of these teams) I welcome an easier 2nd half of the season.   We have lots of key player injuries that have to heal up. Hopefully, come playoff time, we are back to a full squad.

I suspect Beechwood may be in the same camp as me.  I had heard rumor that Clay Hayden broke his collarbone in the CCH game.   Someone please correct me if I am wrong.   I don't wish that on anyone, especially someone as talented as Clay.    

9 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

I suspect Beechwood may be in the same camp as me.  I had heard rumor that Clay Hayden broke his collarbone in the CCH game.   Someone please correct me if I am wrong.   I don't wish that on anyone, especially someone as talented as Clay.    

Hayden missed a series while being checked in the locker room, then came back on the field and finished the game.

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I need some help, hopefully an official can watch this and tell me where the penalty is.

Go to 1:47:45 on this video and tell me where the false start is.

Observation:  Right tackle is lined up in the backfield, possible 5 in backfield.  Right guard has hand in dirt, moves head to look left, and returns head to front.  Not set for 1 second prior to snap.

7 minutes ago, BubbyKY said:

Observation:  Right tackle is lined up in the backfield, possible 5 in backfield.  Right guard has hand in dirt, moves head to look left, and returns head to front.  Not set for 1 second prior to snap.

Thanks for the feedback! 

On the guard looking to his left, I would be amazed if that was the call. He didn't flinch. He was set before the ball was snapped. With all the football I have watched for 30+ years, I would be beyond shocked if that was the call.

On the tackle alignment, I will review the video again and look at how that tackle lined up throughout the game and see if it was different on that play.