Covington Catholic 35 Highlands 21

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Eviston is a fine coach. I know this won't fly with the Bluebird faithful(pretty good, huh?)but just maybe Cov Cath has also had BETTER PLAYERS for the last few years.

• Like 1

Having watched many Football Games over the years, especially these two teams, I don’t recall ever seeing HIGHLANDS being so undisciplined. Walking on the field, walking off the field. Running in both directions was the norm. Penalty calls for Personal Fouls, Flag, after Flag being thrown against HIGHLANDS, including a Flag thrown on a Coach? Where has the Spirit gone, where has the Pride and Discipline of the School gone. Where has the discipline and Control from a Coach of a TEAM Gone? This game was embarrassing from a School, City, Parent, Grandparent, and Supporters of HIGHLANDS including no need for a loss. 

859sportsradio.com

It was my belief that whoever was announcing any game should be impartial towards the game. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case last evening. How very sad and disappointing. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

The talk this week about how Highlands was going to win up front was appreciated bulletin board material. The Colonels were ready to play.

Were we watching the same game??? Highlands was getting 7 yards a pop every time they ran the ball. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bluebirdbath said:

859sportsradio.com

It was my belief that whoever was announcing any game should be impartial towards the game. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case last evening. How very sad and disappointing. 

Who were they rooting for?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bluebirdbath said:

Having watched many Football Games over the years, especially these two teams, I don’t recall ever seeing HIGHLANDS being so undisciplined. Walking on the field, walking off the field. Running in both directions was the norm. Penalty calls for Personal Fouls, Flag, after Flag being thrown against HIGHLANDS, including a Flag thrown on a Coach? Where has the Spirit gone, where has the Pride and Discipline of the School gone. Where has the discipline and Control from a Coach of a TEAM Gone? This game was embarrassing from a School, City, Parent, Grandparent, and Supporters of HIGHLANDS including no need for a loss. 

859sportsradio.com

Wait! Wasn’t Kevin Listerman part of the radio call last night?

41 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Wait! Wasn’t Kevin Listerman part of the radio call last night?

Mike and sons are all in the CCH HOF, but not a one of them bears a single bit of fondness for CCH after they took Mike's basketball whistle away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Mike and sons are all in the CCH HOF, but not a one of them bears a single bit of fondness for CCH after they took Mike's basketball whistle away.

Was it a positive move for Covcath? Hard to dispute given their success after taking away that whistle. I’d say it was the right move. 

• Thanks 1

The only thing I’ll say is I do not buy at all all this talk that that Highlands had the better talent.  Taking nothing away from Highlands as I am sure they are talented and good kids, but what I saw was an Uber talented and disciplined CCH Team adapt, make adjustments and out play another team pretty handily.  I do believe Highlands has the talent to compete in 5A, but CCH just has more talent.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1