Covington Catholic 35 Highlands 21

53 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

Thanks @Royal Blue for those very kind words!!  Yes, far from perfect, but definitely impartial.  But @Bluebirdbathyou could not be more mistaken about what you've put in this thread and once you figure it out, I would hope to see a retraction.  There were 3 media outlets there that night and two of them have been mentioned here.  I've attached the link to our broadcast archive.  Feel free, anyone feel free to listen/watch and find one word of what you said you heard on our uncut version of the game.  I would say it was probably one of our best and impartial broadcasts ever.  Heck, we had Kevin Listerman, the head boys basketball coach, on camera and microphone.  Not sure who it was and don't care who it was.  But I really care who it wasn't, and it wasn't (859) Sports Radio that said anything even close.  We touched on how bad timing some of the penalties were and they were.  I will openly admit to love for my neighbor and team Captain one of the wreckers of Ridgetop Way Big Ben Reeves because I've known the kid almost his entire life.  If you know you you'll understand why he's easy to love as a person and a player.   But my team of myself, Kevin Connor and Kevin Listerman had an outstanding broadcast that night and nothing came over our airwaves that I would be embarrassed about or be considered partial.  ZERO.  @thegurulistened, he will back me.

Also @Runcible Owlyou're the best!!  But no past history ever comes into my booth.  And we don't have a principal. I'm the principal!

https://www.meridix.com/event/234764

Don't sweat that person's opinion, 859, you already know the truth.

Never digest criticism from someone you wouldn't ask advice from.  Ted Talk over.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

@859Radiois top-notch, FREE coverage. They do an outstanding job EVERY time I have watched and listened, and that has been often. I have no allegiance to any team in NKY and I have never thought they were slanted one way or another. 

I root for kids, their health and good games!  Always have always will.  I have no skin in the game which is refreshing.  I've never left disappointed.  I also need someone on camera from time to time as my guy Bill Bartlett has a job and is a foster dad, which is amazing.  I will often choose someone I know from one of the schools playing to add some in-depth knowledge, like Coach Listerman did.  He coaches and teaches there and his kids go there.  He's allowed to say "we".  On (859) there is no "we".  I love what we're doing.  Thanks for all the support.

• Like 5

To everyone of concern in the football game Cov Cath 35 HHS 21. 

After much Discussion and Frustration with everyone of concern I talked openly about HHS Team, Coach Sphire, 859sportsradio.com, the attitude of attendees, language of the students, and various other aspects. It’s not a one man operation, it takes a village, as we all know. 

I will retract my statements that caused all the misunderstanding about this game, retreat back to the nest and keep my Beak quiet. 

Let bygones be bygones, hopefully everyone will do the same, concentrate on your school, not speculating on what another school is doing, have done or is going to do in the future. 

The Blue Bird Bath

8 hours ago, theguru said:

@859Radio I would like to hear less about the emails you receive on the broadcasts because I think it keeps your broadcast from getting into a good game flow but I don't know that I have ever thought to myself that you have been biased in your coverage.  I see you as a good Samaritan doing for others with no agenda.  

I sent an email in last year after a few drinks and it certainly threw the guys off from calling the game. 

23 hours ago, Bluebirdbath said:

To everyone of concern in the football game Cov Cath 35 HHS 21. 

After much Discussion and Frustration with everyone of concern I talked openly about HHS Team, Coach Sphire, 859sportsradio.com, the attitude of attendees, language of the students, and various other aspects. It’s not a one man operation, it takes a village, as we all know. 

I will retract my statements that caused all the misunderstanding about this game, retreat back to the nest and keep my Beak quiet. 

Let bygones be bygones, hopefully everyone will do the same, concentrate on your school, not speculating on what another school is doing, have done or is going to do in the future. 

The Blue Bird Bath

It happens Bird Bath.  Personally I self-medicate when Highlands loses, try to sleep on it, and focus on the positives.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 9:33 AM, 1959 said:

I don’t disagree, and have heard similar. Cheerleaders have been asked to stop cleaning up the stands after games because of some of the things they’ve been finding. A revolving door in the administrative offices doesn’t help. Bob and company are about to have their 3rd principal in 3 years. Solid all around. 

Care to elaborate on the “about to have their 3rd principal in 3 years” comment?

31 minutes ago, bluebirdwatcher said:

Care to elaborate on the “about to have their 3rd principal in 3 years” comment?

Should be pretty common knowledge by now but the current principal’s wife took to some random messageboard saying how much she and her husband hate the area, the culture, and their jobs. She has something lined up and he’s still looking. 

• Thanks 2

My peeps in the know said the principal was brought in to be tough on behavior but he’s gotten a little to tough as he just hands out suspensions (in school and out of) like they’re candy. Out of school suspensions hurt kids academics and from what I hear about the vast majority of reasons, many seem like they should just be given simple detention, but maybe that’s what was being done in the past to no avail? Was this current principal at Bellevue before this? I don’t know why I would know that just think I’ve heard that. Still not a good look if his wife is allegedly knocking the community on a message board. If Highlands would’ve won Friday is this even a conversation?

13 minutes ago, 1959 said:

Should be pretty common knowledge by now but the current principal’s wife took to some random messageboard saying how much she and her husband hate the area, the culture, and their jobs. She has something lined up and he’s still looking. 

Surely it's not the clientele, though, right?

7 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

My peeps in the know said the principal was brought in to be tough on behavior but he’s gotten a little to tough as he just hands out suspensions (in school and out of) like they’re candy. Out of school suspensions hurt kids academics and from what I hear about the vast majority of reasons, many seem like they should just be given simple detention, but maybe that’s what was being done in the past to no avail? Was this current principal at Bellevue before this? I don’t know why I would know that just think I’ve heard that. Still not a good look if his wife is allegedly knocking the community on a message board. If Highlands would’ve won Friday is this even a conversation?

Been a conversation for awhile.  I don’t think the athletic results worsen or help the situation.

If you work in the district, love and embrace the community, then it will love you back.  If not, well…

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

He was at Bellevue prior.  Beating CovCath would have no bearing on this being news. It was already circulating. 

• Like 1