Covington Catholic 35 Highlands 21

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

I thought Highlands looked better in the first half. 

Fun game!

This was a prime example of the classic “second half team”….clearly the showing out tonight the Colonels showed no quit.  The Birds certainly gave us everything we could handle as they stepped up and brought it, but the second half was a way different Colonel Team that put this game away.  

A total shame these 2 teams will not meet in the playoffs, but a spectacular Colonel win on a steamy August Friday night.  Go Colonels!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

This was a prime example of the classic “second half team”….clearly the better team tonight the Colonels showed no quit.  The Birds certainly gave us everything we could handle as they stepped up and brought it, but the second was different Colonel Team that put this game away.  

A total shame these 2 teams will not meet in the playoffs, but a spectacular Colonel win on a steamy August Friday night.  Go Colonels!!!

Clearly in the second half we agree.

It is not a shame to me because as a "NKY Guy" the thought of both teams winning a state championship in the same year is delightful. 

• Like 2

Just now, theguru said:

It is not a shame to me because as a "NKY Guy" the thought of both teams winning a state championship in the same year is delightful. 

I cannot say you are wrong at all here,  but c’mon, it is pretty cool on a chilly October/November Friday night when these 2 hook up for a playoff battle.  

The setting, the atmosphere, the air, all of it just screams perfect High School Football.  I will not disagree with you, but I will miss what could be….

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I was actually talking about this with someone today.

Beechwood, CCH and Highlands

all winning a State Championship this year would be amazing! 

• Like 3