Mayfield 42 Graves County 7

2 hours ago, GBR said:

Graves came out and moved the ball early. The Gregory to Acree connection was money, and they should have kept calling that play until the Cardinals figured it out. 

Truth is, this game could have been alot worse. Mayfield had two touchdowns called back by penalties, and one dropped pass that would have given the Cardinals the ball deep in Eagle territory. On top of that, we took a knee in the redzone to end the game. While Graves had some good drives, they didn’t see the Cardinal redzone much at all.

I think the score was as far apart distantly as bad as it could be from Graves standpoint.

One of those tds was the starting offense against our second string. I don’t think Coach Morris realized that our 2s were in. I know he never runs the score up. That’s also the drive they kneeled it. 

If Graves center doesn’t snap the ball over Gregory’s head opening drive I feel we would have scored in that drive. Graves got stopped in the redzone, but if they finish that drive there’s another score, our defensive end dropped what would have been a pick 6 on a screen. Then there were 2 blown coverages on 3rd and long lead to Mayfield tds.

I understand what point you’re making but it’s very easy to do it the other way.  Alright time for me to move on! Ha! 

Hats off to the Cards. Hope you guys win out! 

• Like 1