Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 80 Kentucky 73 (SEC Quarterfinal)

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, mcpapa said:

A cliche that bears repeating. In order to keep advancing in the big dance, a team must have the requisite skills to overcome their worst game. Is UK so equipped?

It's hard to say. Every time I think they have played their worst game, they prove me wrong. ?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ColonelMike
    ColonelMike

    "I'm not here to win championships; I'm here to get these young men into the NBA." Told everyone in the Commonwealth plainly where his priorities lie.    We just didn't believe him. It's won

  • 4 Quarters
    4 Quarters

    You guys are worried about seeding, I'm worried about if we win the next game.  At least we won't be playing St. Petes.

  • All State Baseball
    All State Baseball

    Please for the love of God Mitch, Fire Cal already!!!!!!

Vandy really looking good today, can’t believe this team sent Cats home.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Reeves got frustrated because he was not able to execute off Oscar's pick. I am amazed at how poorly players on all levels execute a basic pick play. If you execute the pick and roll properly, it is very difficult for a defense to stop it. Stockton and Malone both went to the NBA HOF because they could execute the pick and roll even when the defense knew it was going to be run 30 times a game.

If Reeves keeps his hands from pushing the defender, beats the defender to the pick and then cuts hard off it close to Oscar, he will get open. He did push off and that is why he was rightfully called for a foul. If he had not pushed off, he either would have got open or got a foul called on the defender for holding him. The onus on making the pick work is not on the person setting the pick. 

 

Reeves was fouled well before he got called for the foul.  Officials were two steps behind all night.  

3 hours ago, mcpapa said:

And a question that may have already been asked and answered. 
 

When was the last time Vandy beat UK twice in the same season?   Even though I have a soft spot for Vandy (my oldest graduated from there in 1998), I know next to nothing about their basketball history. 

2007. They hadn’t lost to Vandy at all since 2016 before 10 days ago. 

16 hours ago, mcpapa said:

And a question that may have already been asked and answered. 
 

When was the last time Vandy beat UK twice in the same season?   Even though I have a soft spot for Vandy (my oldest graduated from there in 2002), I know next to nothing about their basketball history. 

I'm fairly certain that the Dores beat the Cats twice in 1989.  They ended Eddie Sutton's career in the SEC and that team was so bad it must have lost at lease one other time to VAndy.

2 hours ago, Hatz said:

I'm fairly certain that the Dores beat the Cats twice in 1989.  They ended Eddie Sutton's career in the SEC and that team was so bad it must have lost at lease one other time to VAndy.

That was the one year that I went to the SEC tournament.  Thompson-Boling was new.  Alabama won behind a young Robert Horry.   I sat behind those Roll Tide guys during the final. 

My prediction is UK gets a 6 seed and plays 11 seed Providence...probably in Albany NY.

33 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

My prediction is UK gets a 6 seed and plays 11 seed Providence...probably in Albany NY.

I keep thinking they'll be paired against West Virginia.

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

My prediction is UK gets a 6 seed and plays 11 seed Providence...probably in Albany NY.

And Hopkins balls out haha

A&M a 7 seed? 

Cats going to fall to 8-9 game? Probably Kansas game 2 if they can win first one.

On 3/10/2023 at 11:53 PM, Kentucky Windage said:

Cats will be an 8 seed.  

 

On 3/10/2023 at 11:58 PM, futurecoach said:

No they won’t. They probably will slip to a 7 seed now though. 

After seeing the seed Texas A&M just got. You may be right about them being an 8 seed. 

17 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

My prediction is UK gets a 6 seed and plays 11 seed Providence...probably in Albany NY.

As usual, right on target!

18 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

My prediction is UK gets a 6 seed and plays 11 seed Providence...probably in Albany NY.

I can't believe you said Albany NY. How did you come up with that?

?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.