Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 80 Kentucky 73 (SEC Quarterfinal)

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

So how was the movie?   I liked the early ones, the wife loves them.  

Some really good kills.  Different feel set in NYC.  3 out of 5 stars.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ColonelMike
    ColonelMike

    "I'm not here to win championships; I'm here to get these young men into the NBA." Told everyone in the Commonwealth plainly where his priorities lie.    We just didn't believe him. It's won

  • 4 Quarters
    4 Quarters

    You guys are worried about seeding, I'm worried about if we win the next game.  At least we won't be playing St. Petes.

  • All State Baseball
    All State Baseball

    Please for the love of God Mitch, Fire Cal already!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

That pretty much sums it up. UK could not get the stops they needed on defense. Free throw shooting is going to be a problem at the end of games when your guys are playing 38 minutes. UK lost this game at the end of the first half when they let Vandy go on that 12-0 run to end the half.

With Reeves on the bench and Frederick playing injured.  Just play Thiero and I don't think that run happens.  

5 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

Most of the prognosticators had them at 5 going into this game

Probably will dance with a 10 or an 11 now. 

Most that I saw had them at 6 or 7 going into this game. I didn't see anyone that had them at 5. I will be shocked if they are lower than 8. Losing a game against one of the hottest teams in the country is not going to drop them to a 10 seed.

How bad did that 5th foul on Reeves hurt. Came off a screen, had to make a basketball play that's made in every game, nails the 3. Ref calls an offensive foul, no basket. Would've made it a 2 point game with 1:30ish to play. 

5 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

With Reeves on the bench and Frederick playing injured.  Just play Thiero and I don't think that run happens.  

I agree. Theiro should have played more. I know he struggled against Vandy last time they played but Thiero will give you good defense and size at guard. Plus, his minutes will help. You can't play 6 players and win. 

13 minutes ago, Kentucky Windage said:

Does it really matter? 

 

Give me a team with good guard play over a team with good big guy play any day come March. 

 

Cats struggle with consistency from outside, struggle with free throws, and are a well below average team with passing.  All these things equate to making it easy for other teams to play defense against. 

 

UK does rebound really well though but they also lack a rim presence as there is no shot blocker. 

 

It's highly unlikely that they'll make it out of the first weekend. 

Just letting you know it would be a surprise if they fall to a 8 seed. And no doubt this team very easily could lose their first game again. Some of the games they have lost this year definitely would make it very reasonable to believe they probably don’t make it out of the first weekend. 
 

With that said this team has also shown that they can surprise and all of a sudden look like a very good team and win games you wouldn’t expect. This team at times have also shot free throws really well too. Even though they sucked tonight at it. Which in the NCAA tournament we see every year teams go on runs, that you would never expect because of how flawed they were during the regular season. 
 

Which Reeves has shown he is a guard that definitely could be a weapon for us in the tournament. Wallace has been banged up struggled with his shot recently. If he can rest up some more now with this extra time off. I think their guard play could end up being fine. Which it has been good in those games they have surprised us in this year. 
 

So in no way am I saying this team definitely makes a run, because it’s impossible to know which team you will get.  At times they have looked like a team that could do something and at times have looked like a quick exit team. I’m just going to choose the optimistic route and hope this team can be one of those teams that goes on a surprise run that happens every year that people never expect to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I agree. Theiro should have played more. I know he struggled against Vandy last time they played but Thiero will give you good defense and size at guard. Plus, his minutes will help. You can't play 6 players and win. 

Agreed. 

11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Most that I saw had them at 6 or 7 going into this game. I didn't see anyone that had them at 5. I will be shocked if they are lower than 8. Losing a game against one of the hottest teams in the country is not going to drop them to a 10 seed.

I’m assuming he meant they will most likely be playing against a 10 or 11 seed. At least that is what I hope he meant, because I agree no way they go from a most likely 6 seed to a 10 or 11. At worst I think they may fall to a 7 seed now. 

Anyone see any in game adjustments made last evening or useful timeouts? I must have missed them because Cal is the best at making changes offensively and defensively. Can always count on him.

7 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Some really good kills.  Different feel set in NYC.  3 out of 5 stars.

Are you the new Siskel or Ebert? Lol. Hope you enjoyed the show.

What was up with the court being as slippery as it was? Friggin dangerous.

For whatever reason Vandy matches up incredibly well with UK. Just like how UK matches up well against UT. Several players that could break down the (below average) defense and operate in crunch moments of possessions. Oscar had some horrific sequences on both ends of the court.

41 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Anyone see any in game adjustments made last evening or useful timeouts? I must have missed them because Cal is the best at making changes offensively and defensively. Can always count on him.

Yes, Cal did make some moves and call timeouts. But to your favorite topic, no zone defense and UK's best shooter fouled out.

52 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Anyone see any in game adjustments made last evening or useful timeouts? I must have missed them because Cal is the best at making changes offensively and defensively. Can always count on him.

One thing I will say, when they went about nine straight minutes with no break in action in the first half, it’s like Cal short circuited and forgot he had a bench. Besides Frederick - who gives you nothing - and Ware’s two quick fouls, not sure anyone saw action off the bench until Reeves fouled out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.