Open Job: Campbell County

13 minutes ago, MorganRaider said:

You’re reading way too much into it. Congratulate the man on a great coaching career and don’t try to solve riddles that don’t exist. 

So, are you gonna congratulate him, too? Or do you only confess other people's sins and not you're own.

1 hour ago, Basketball Jones said:

He said he has officially retired from coaching basketball at Campbell County but didn't straight out say he is officially retiring from coaching basketball. The reference to the bible verse is rather cryptic, I think. Matthew 6:33 is part of the Sermon on the Mount and continues a discussion of worry about material things:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

If I didn't know better, it sounds to me like something is going on with Russell, either personally or with Campbell County, and we don't yet know the whole story.

Aric's faith is the foundation for his life.  It's how I first met him eons ago.  I really just think this verse is one that has guided and will continue to guide his life.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I am not saying that to criticize you, just that I don't think there's anything else to his Matthew 6 reference. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this is it for him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was back on the sidelines at some point.  Either way, the guy has been a fantastic coach, and someone I've always looked up to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

He said he has officially retired from coaching basketball at Campbell County but didn't straight out say he is officially retiring from coaching basketball. The reference to the bible verse is rather cryptic, I think. Matthew 6:33 is part of the Sermon on the Mount and continues a discussion of worry about material things:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

If I didn't know better, it sounds to me like something is going on with Russell, either personally or with Campbell County, and we don't yet know the whole story.

Nothing is going on with Russell and Campbell County.  Aric made it pretty well known during the off-season that he wanted to stay on to coach Jake Gross and that he would step down following this season.  He is on script.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

So, are you gonna congratulate him, too? Or do you only confess other people's sins and not you're own.

I can  PROMISE you that @MorganRaiderhas congratulated Coach Russell on a great career. Just because it's not on here for you to comment on doesn't mean it hasn't happened, which, again I can assure you has occurred. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

The word on the street all year has been this would be his last year.  I do believe he will resurface at a much lower coaching position.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AllTheSmoke said:

I would be SHOCKED if one of these two didn’t get the position (of course unless they didn’t want it) 

Congrats to Coach Russell on a fantastic career! 

No Gross, Sowder Yes! 

• Like 2