Open Job: Campbell County

9 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Who will attempt to fill his shoes?  I understand K. Belcher is wanting to return to coaching.

Oh dear Lord tell me that isn't a serious option.  

Aric is an all-time great, what an amazing career, kudos to him going out on his own terms.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

Brent Sowder and Jerry Gross, both longtime assistants of Russell’s should be considered. Would make for a rather seamless transition for a team stocked with talent. 

I think they will be considered.  Maybe they are content with being assistants.  Gross’ son will graduate so I don’t think he would. 

20 minutes ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

Brent Sowder and Jerry Gross, both longtime assistants of Russell’s should be considered. Would make for a rather seamless transition for a team stocked with talent. 

I would be SHOCKED if one of these two didn’t get the position (of course unless they didn’t want it) 

Congrats to Coach Russell on a fantastic career! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

HUGE Brent Sowder, and a great dude off the court, would love to see him get an opportunity.  

• Like 2

He said he has officially retired from coaching basketball at Campbell County but didn't straight out say he is officially retiring from coaching basketball. The reference to the bible verse is rather cryptic, I think. Matthew 6:33 is part of the Sermon on the Mount and continues a discussion of worry about material things:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

If I didn't know better, it sounds to me like something is going on with Russell, either personally or with Campbell County, and we don't yet know the whole story.