Another reason why a playoff is not all it is cracked up to be.

ladiesbballcoach

Aren't all participating members of the NCAA required to follow NCAA guidelines? If the NCAA made a rule the BCS could be powerless in seconds. IMO there will eventually be some type of playoff system (maybe not 5 years maybe not 10), but forever is a long time to continue doing something the wrong way. There will probably be some changes made before this happens though because people in power have to make changes every couple of years to justify their jobs (see the KHSAA!!!).

I am not 100% sure of the following posts, but isn't the NCAA similar to the KHSAA in that they are basically the member schools.

And for your slam on KHSAA, no one in that building has the authority to change the way it is run. That comes from the general assembly and passage through there or the Board of Control that is voted into place by the member schools.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Members from various conferences vote teams in. It's democracy. There has never been a team left out of the 64(5) that had a realistic chance of winning.

How do you think the room responds when a member has to excuse themselves from the room? Do they not know then and there that the team in question is tied to the person that just left the room? 7 of 10 selection spots belong to mid majors right now, and it's no surprise the mid major numbers have gone up. It's not a fair and ethical selection because money is involved, and those selecting stand to gain the most...

LBBC hijacket my thread, but that's OK. I got the article off another thread. Anyways it's paints the picture of there not ever going to be a playoff in college football. Why would the schools want it anyways? The money is there for them all the have to do is win 6 games, get their part and be happy. The schools wouldn't benefit better with a playoff system and as some of you have stated some wouldn't get their piece of the pie so why would they opt for a playoff?

LBBC hijacket my thread, but that's OK. I got the article off another thread. Anyways it's paints the picture of there not ever going to be a playoff in college football. Why would the schools want it anyways? The money is there for them all the have to do is win 6 games, get their part and be happy. The schools wouldn't benefit better with a playoff system and as some of you have stated some wouldn't get their piece of the pie so why would they opt for a playoff?

And it was a very informative article. Thanks for sharing.:thumb:

How do you think the room responds when a member has to excuse themselves from the room? Do they not know then and there that the team in question is tied to the person that just left the room? 7 of 10 selection spots belong to mid majors right now, and it's no surprise the mid major numbers have gone up. It's not a fair and ethical selection because money is involved, and those selecting stand to gain the most...

:thumb:

Agreed, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a WAY better system then college football. Granted I understand the schools get money, win 6 games, millions and millions, but as a fan I want a clear cut best team in the country and the system they are giving us doesn't give it to us.

:thumb:

Agreed, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a WAY better system then college football. Granted I understand the schools get money, win 6 games, millions and millions, but as a fan I want a clear cut best team in the country and the system they are giving us doesn't give it to us.

Doesn't happen in a tournament unless you thing Villanova was the best team in the country in '84 when they avenged their previous THREE losses to Gtown.

It's clear you have very little clue of how this works, and only want what you can't have. I'm done...

The NCAA has regulations ad guidelines. If they included rules for a National Championship then they's either have to follow them or not compete for a National Championship. BAsketball used to have the rivalry with the NIT and NCAA championship until the NCAA made a rule(I think).