Another reason why a playoff is not all it is cracked up to be.

ladiesbballcoach

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What about my point of good chance LSU and Wisconsin being excluded. Can you agree that the mindset has rationale on why you exclude LSU and Wisconsin?

Somewhat, but I think 99.9% of the collegiate football partisans would agree that LSU and Wisconsin are legitimate Top 12 teams even with two losses. In LSU's case, three losses may still qualify them.

RPI or strength of schedule would have to play some part in the equation, but a teams SOS is less debatable than the current BCS system, IMO.

No playoffs are not all they are cranked up to be but they produce a champion on the field.

The BCS is so biased it makes it impossible for more than half of the 119 Division 1 football schools to win the 2007 NC before the season starts. Even if they go unbeaten, over have do not have a shot and we all have a good idea who they are. Truth be known it is probably more like 80. A good example of this is Rutgers, you could tell from Sports Center that even if they stayed unbeaten they weren't going to get a shot.

Go to a 10 game season, then have a conference championship game.

Take the conference winners and at large teams to fill up 16 playoff slots.

Have a 4 week playoff with the National Title game at a neutral site. If you still want BCS games, have them in the quarterfinals or semi's at neutral sites with sponsorships.

Everyone else can go to bowls.

Teams in High School that make it to the finals play 15 games plus 2 scrimmages. NFL plays way more. I think college athletes can handle it.

Amen, Son of Bear. Been saying it a long time. Well stated.

There will be no playoff. Ever. And I only said I was done with you... :p

Ever?? Do you have idea how long that is? Think about the way the game has changed in the last 10 years. Think about the way it's changed over the last 50. I have to think in my lifetime they will make it to where nobody can argue who the champion is. I don't understand why the BCS can't do it as bowls. The winning team would play in more than 1 bowl in the way that I proposed it. Wouldn't that generate more money? I don't see a change in the near future because the big 6 have a lock on the cash, but eventually it will change. And you said, "I'm done..." with no mention of me.