Another reason why a playoff is not all it is cracked up to be.

ladiesbballcoach

You're catching on to what I've been saying for years lbbc. There is NO WAY the conferences let the NCAA into the cash pool. NO WAY. A playoff isn't going to happen. Let it go...

So you are saying I am the younger, better-looking, funnier, smarter version of you. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :thumb:

You know that one group I was a flunkie for many posts ago has kinda died out and anyway the Big III can be expanded to a 4 Horsmen version??????

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Post #19. Presently, the NCAA gets no share of the bowl money, $90 million to the 6 power conferences. With a playoff the NCAA gets a cut and the 6 power conferences won't be raking in so much money. The article is pretty informative.

Not on whether it is needed or not but the BIG $$$$$$$$$obstacle standing in a playoffs way.

Who cares? The NCAA shouldn't put up with this nonsense. It isn't fair, ethical, or even close to being a good system.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about football. In basketball we have a 65 team format, of course we can allow 3rd , 4th , 5th, 6th place teams from the bigger leagues but a 64 team format in football ain't gonna work. And 8 teams is definitely not enough the next best bet is 16 teams.
No one is advocating a 64-team football tournament. And if three or four of the best 16 teams are from one league, so be it ...

You're catching on to what I've been saying for years lbbc. There is NO WAY the conferences let the NCAA into the cash pool. NO WAY. A playoff isn't going to happen. Let it go...

Come on now, we'll be discussing this same stuff 10 years from now. Eventually someone will step in and make changes. Maybe not good changes, but changes...

You know that one group I was a flunkie for many posts ago has kinda died out and anyway the Big III can be expanded to a 4 Horsmen version??????

It looks like we will be losing 02Ram to politics in the near future. Maybe you can fill in... :lol:

Go to a 10 game season, then have a conference championship game.

Take the conference winners and at large teams to fill up 16 playoff slots.

Have a 4 week playoff with the National Title game at a neutral site. If you still want BCS games, have them in the quarterfinals or semi's at neutral sites with sponsorships.

Everyone else can go to bowls.

Teams in High School that make it to the finals play 15 games plus 2 scrimmages. NFL plays way more. I think college athletes can handle it.

Very similiar to the format I proposed. The bowls will still be there helping the Universities rake in the cash. I like the 5 week plan because it allows twice as many teams in. What if the 15th seed won? The 17 might get upset. With 32 teams the odds of the lowest seeds winning would be very poor. Conference champs and at large bids sounds great to me. The National Champinoship is HUGE right now, but with a bowl oriented playoff system it would be bigger.

It will not change to a playoff. There is no way they let the NCAA take control...

Aren't all participating members of the NCAA required to follow NCAA guidelines? If the NCAA made a rule the BCS could be powerless in seconds. IMO there will eventually be some type of playoff system (maybe not 5 years maybe not 10), but forever is a long time to continue doing something the wrong way. There will probably be some changes made before this happens though because people in power have to make changes every couple of years to justify their jobs (see the KHSAA!!!).

Aren't all participating members of the NCAA required to follow NCAA guidelines? If the NCAA made a rule the BCS could be powerless in seconds. IMO there will eventually be some type of playoff system (maybe not 5 years maybe not 10), but forever is a long time to continue doing something the wrong way. There will probably be some changes made before this happens though because people in power have to make changes every couple of years to justify their jobs (see the KHSAA!!!).

It would be VERY unwise for the NCAA to make a stand on this issue. It wouldn't take much for the Big 6 Conferences to bolt...