Petrino is a great coach BUT

Log Mountain Boy

Petrino had been accused of taking too many knees against UK. So that one seems a little small.

I'm already on record about the Durham thing, no need to rehash it. Anyone getting their pitchforks ready for the kids that might decommit to Louisville?

How he treated his assistants is the one that does bother me. I still think in general that he's not a 'snake' or a 'liar' or whatever people are calling him in the heat of the moment now. I hope eventually wounds heal and he's remembered fondly around here. But there's no excuse about that one.

The difference is when a highschool player decommits its done bye a kid who is probably not even 18 yet. And a lot of times prospects have the wrong people in their ears telling them stuff. For a heach coach and a coaching staff to give their word to a kid and take it back is much worse in my mind.

I actually rather like it when coaches are not politically correct. In fact I find it refreshing.

I agree. The biggest thing I feel like a coach has to do is take care of his players and his coaching staff. People have gotten upset at Urban Meyer for simply saying he thinks his team that he has busted his tail to coach deserves to be in the title game. Also people have gotten upset at Tressel for not voting in the last poll. I don't understand why the media wants to roast coaches for doing this. Being good to your players and program is what really matters.

Bobby Petrino is one great football coach. As we all go through this game of life, it is important to be aware of your strengths and identify and work on your weaknesses. We all have them! Bobby Petrino's strength is obviously is ability to organize and assemble a football operation with near perfection. My hats off to him......he is one of the best in the business.

It is obvious to me what Bobby Petrino's weaknesses are. No matter how much money a person makes, class and integrity are two things that cannot be bought! I think Tom Jurich would agree!

U of L is losing a great football coach whose record will be difficult for the next coach to equal. However, the next coach will have little problem surpassing Coach Petrino in some other important assets in the game of life.

Bobby Petrino is one great football coach. As we all go through this game of life, it is important to be aware of your strengths and identify and work on your weaknesses. We all have them! Bobby Petrino's strength is obviously is ability to organize and assemble a football operation with near perfection. My hats off to him......he is one of the best in the business.

It is obvious to me what Bobby Petrino's weaknesses are. No matter how much money a person makes, class and integrity are two things that cannot be bought! I think Tom Jurich would agree!

U of L is losing a great football coach whose record will be difficult for the next coach to equal. However, the next coach will have little problem surpassing Coach Petrino in some other important assets in the game of life.

Well said.