Favorite Major League Park?

UKPat02

My favorite park that I have been to would have to be Petco Park in San Diego. Part of the reason was the weather, obviously, but I just liked the setup and the old warehouse down the left field line. Plus the best entrance in sports that I have been to is when Trevor Hoffman comes out of the pen to get a save and they darken the scoreboard, with Hells Bells blasting in the background. Just because it was so cold, I would say San Francisco would be a close second, with the view across the bay.

My top three, in no particular order, are San Francisco, Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

I've been to Seattle, Arizona, Kansas City, Chicago (White Sox and Cubs), St. Louis, Cincinnati, Detroit, Toronto, Philadelphia (but it was the Vet) and Washington as well.

Has anyone else been to RFK in DC? The place is a dump...

Aw, it wasn't that bad. I mean, no park needs more than a couple concession stands. And a souvenir store is a priviledge, not a guarantee. Of course, parking and accessibility are good, but they aren't required. Really, its quite a charming place.

I haven't been to too many parks, but the experience of Oriole Park at Camden Yards is fantastic from the minute you walk in until the minute you leave. Is there better ballpark food anywhere than Boog's BBQ? I submit that there is not.

Out of the Stadiums that I have been to, this would be my top 3 lists.

Old Stadiums:

(1) Fenway Park - Atmosphere is unmatched!

(2) Wrigley - Always full, and a neat atmosphere!

(3) Yankee Stadium - Monument park in awesome, but the stadium as a whole is a dump!

New Stadiums

(1) Busch - St. Louis - It is Awesome, and has the World Champions in it!!!!

(2) PNC - Pittsburgh - It has an Outback Steakhouse in Right Field

(3) BOB - Arizona - It has a TGIFRidays Restaurant

I like the uniqueness of Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, FL. I have attended two games there - one vs. the Rangers and one vs. the Yankees. The Yankees game was packed, and it was an awesome atmosphere. At the Rangers game, there were about 20% of the seats filled. It was so quiet you could hear the hecklers behind home plate - and I was sitting in the outfield.

Wrigley, especially after addition of the apartment seats on Waveland. I can remeber in 98' (way before the seats) people would hold fish nets out their apartment windows waiting for the chance to catch a Sosa homerun ball.

Coming in a close but distant second is Fenway, like Wrigley, even better after installation of the Monster Seats.