Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins? 90 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Beechwood
      80%
    • Covington Catholic
      20%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/16/2022 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, CCHFC said:

A couple of Mayer comps in here, which I could not disagree more with. As a reminder:

  • Mike was a 5 star recruit without an elite athletic profile, which is almost impossible to do. 
  • He was, by far, the best player on the field in every game as senior, which featured games against commits from Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson. He was probably the best high school football player in the country as a senior and played physically like a college junior on both sides of the ball.
  • He had the most receptions as a freshman on a college football playoff team. 
  • He’s a likely first round pick after his junior year. 

No offense to AJ and MB, but they aren't remotely close as players. 

And I’d say Top 10 pick to boot. CovCath should retire his number and BGP’ers should retire the Michael Mayer comparisons. 
 

  • Replies 354
  • Views 29.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • A couple of Mayer comps in here, which I could not disagree more with. As a reminder: Mike was a 5 star recruit without an elite athletic profile, which is almost impossible to do.  He wa

  • I can see things going well everywhere but maybe the Saddle Club. ?

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TheConch said:

And I’d say Top 10 pick to boot. CovCath should retire his number and BGP’ers should retire the Michael Mayer comparisons. 
 

Sheesh...I just said Aiden Jones plays as hungry and mean as ...well I won't mention his name again but MM.  My bad,  I did not mean to insinuate that he was the same player.  How about I just say he is not someone that Cash wants to meet head on... 

16 minutes ago, 1992Rebel said:

Sheesh...I just said Aiden Jones plays as hungry and mean as ...well I won't mention his name again but MM.  My bad,  I did not mean to insinuate that he was the same player.  How about I just say he is not someone that Cash wants to meet head on... 

That’ll play. Carry on ?.

1 hour ago, TheConch said:

And I’d say Top 10 pick to boot. CovCath should retire his number and BGP’ers should retire the Michael Mayer comparisons. 
 

He sure would look great in orange and black catching balls from Burrow wouldn't he? It's a perfect fit. 

24 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

He sure would look great in orange and black catching balls from Burrow wouldn't he? It's a perfect fit. 

Most definitely. Hoping the Bengals don’t fall that low where they have a chance to get him, but would be cool to see them make a trade or two to keep him home.

13 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Most definitely. Hoping the Bengals don’t fall that low where they have a chance to get him, but would be cool to see them make a trade or two to keep him home.

I’d purchase a Mayer jersey the second they draft him. 

Just need to check in the rules of posting. We can only compare a current player to a previous great player if the current player is equal or better in every way? Is that the rule? We can't even compare an aspect of a current player to that great player? Just checking.

For example, we can't say player A is as tall as Michael Mayer, because, you know, then we are comparing player A to Michael Mayer.

Give me The Gurus over The Mayers by two scores.

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Give me The Gurus over The Mayers by two scores.

I am not lining up against that beast, find someone else. ?

Tigers, but I think it's close.

Looking at the history I was a little surprised.   I though Rash had a better record against CovCath.  Only 3 wins.  That doesn't seem right.

Other than the live stream on the Cov Cath Network are there any other viewing options for this game…….other than being there in person, of course. Thx. 

1 minute ago, bjaynes said:

Other than the live stream on the Cov Cath Network are there any other viewing options for this game…….other than being there in person, of course. Thx. 

I highly doubt it unless it is some covert, unapproved live stream. 

You do have to pay for the Colonel Athletic Network but it is well worth it in my opinion. 

On 9/14/2022 at 12:30 PM, bjaynes said:

Rodriguez is the one player that I came away from the Dixie game being very impressed with. Speed to go along with size. He can go up and get it. If the CC QB has any time to throw then Rodriquez will be a handful for the BW defense. 

I think he’s definitely the best player on the offense. We need to find a way to get him the ball 5-6 times tonight. I think Eviston does a pretty good job game planning and scheming up winners (example is the "Y delay" that Rodriguez caught for a TD vs Elder on I think 4th down), so I’m hoping to see that happen.

Oliver Link at receiver and Owen Leen at running back are both probably a year away from joining Rodriguez and being pretty good high school players as well.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.