Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins? 90 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Beechwood
      80%
    • Covington Catholic
      20%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/16/2022 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think BW wins it 21-7. I'm still not completely sold on our defense and think the Berger kid will do some  damage. Whoever starts at QB for the CCH will struggle against BW defense. 

CCH did struggle against a 1A team, barely beat a 4A team, beat a Dixie team who are terrible and got destroyed by Elder. CCH is kind of a decieving team. I really don't know what to think of them based on their competition so far. I think BW will be a true test for the CCH team. 

If CCH wins, then that might just make more 5A teams be on full alert. I feel like all the talk in 5A is for Freddy D and SW. 

I hope my Colonels win but I just think BW got the better team this year. 

  • Replies 354
  • Views 29.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • A couple of Mayer comps in here, which I could not disagree more with. As a reminder: Mike was a 5 star recruit without an elite athletic profile, which is almost impossible to do.  He wa

  • I can see things going well everywhere but maybe the Saddle Club. ?

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Lots of great points here. #2 was interesting to me as I feel Cov Cath has been run heavy the last couple of seasons. I went back and looked. In 2021, CCH passed the ball 169 vs. 467 rush attempts. So far in 2022, 78 pass attempts vs. 149 rush attempts. I am sure the juggling at QB the past 2 seasons has a lot to do with this but I am not sure CCH has a choice but to go run heavy. Also, I have to believe that many of those pass attempts are screen plays. Expect a lot of unbalanced line, run plays and screens. 

Good info on the play choice numbers. Yardage wise, the Colonels are almost perfectly balanced with 622 yards rushing and 632 yards passing. 

13 hours ago, TheConch said:

21-14 CCH.

IMO, Berger is the best player in NKY and it’s not close. He will get his regardless of who wins or what the score is.

From what I’ve seen the BW QB situation is making them very 1-dimensional and will finally hurt them this week.

Both disciplined teams and traditional rich programs, so I’d say this game comes down to a big momentum play on special teams. 

Love this week, this game, and the community atmosphere that goes with it. Fall weather today, don’t know what the professionals are saying the temp will be come kickoff, but give me 65 degrees, an opening play big hit, and a Colonel Victory and all is right in the world in my book.

Regarding the statement about BW being one-dimensional, I think you're underestimating the abilities of Cash Harney and the reality that BW's offensive staff hasn't really had to rely on Harney yet because of how dominant the ground game has been. That has allowed them to really protect Harney as he got his first taste of varsity football. Why put too much on your young QB's shoulders early when you have one of the top RB in the state? 

But, don't be fooled, and I think many of you who saw him play for CYF and in the NKYFL are very well aware that Cash can sling it and do so accurately. Through four games, he's completing 77% of his passes (37-of-48) and has thrown 6 TD passes. 

I think some folks who are unaware of Cash's abilities are going to be surprised at just how good he can be when they do have to throw this week and moving forward. 

 

 

14 hours ago, BWTigers said:

I will not be at this game as my nephew is on homecoming court for Ryle this weekend so I will be at their game against Higlands Friday. @Colonels_Wear_Blue I hope you will be keeping the updates like you do every Cov Cath game!!!!

CWB is the Karl Malone of BGP, he always delivers! 

I will be watching this game on the Colonel Athletic Network (https://www.covcath.org/athletics/can) and I will be chiming in too during the game but it is nearly impossible to keep up with CWB. 

Go Tigers, Beat CovCath!!

1 hour ago, BrosefStalin said:

Regarding the statement about BW being one-dimensional, I think you're underestimating the abilities of Cash Harney and the reality that BW's offensive staff hasn't really had to rely on Harney yet because of how dominant the ground game has been. That has allowed them to really protect Harney as he got his first taste of varsity football. Why put too much on your young QB's shoulders early when you have one of the top RB in the state? 

But, don't be fooled, and I think many of you who saw him play for CYF and in the NKYFL are very well aware that Cash can sling it and do so accurately. Through four games, he's completing 77% of his passes (37-of-48) and has thrown 6 TD passes. 

I think some folks who are unaware of Cash's abilities are going to be surprised at just how good he can be when they do have to throw this week and moving forward. 

 

 

I am one of those people who did not see Cash before this season. I am looking forward to Cash being unleashed and showing what he can do. There is a good chance this is the week for that.

Just now, KYFootballFanz said:

I’ll be shocked if Cov Cath wins.

I wouldn't be shocked, maybe mildly surprised. 

  • Author
16 hours ago, BWTigers said:

I will not be at this game as my nephew is on homecoming court for Ryle this weekend so I will be at their game against Higlands Friday. @Colonels_Wear_Blue I hope you will be keeping the updates like you do every Cov Cath game!!!!

I've gotcha covered. I'm definitely gonna be there handling it.

3 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Regarding the statement about BW being one-dimensional, I think you're underestimating the abilities of Cash Harney and the reality that BW's offensive staff hasn't really had to rely on Harney yet because of how dominant the ground game has been. That has allowed them to really protect Harney as he got his first taste of varsity football. Why put too much on your young QB's shoulders early when you have one of the top RB in the state? 

But, don't be fooled, and I think many of you who saw him play for CYF and in the NKYFL are very well aware that Cash can sling it and do so accurately. Through four games, he's completing 77% of his passes (37-of-48) and has thrown 6 TD passes. 

I think some folks who are unaware of Cash's abilities are going to be surprised at just how good he can be when they do have to throw this week and moving forward. 

 

 

That could all be true and I won’t argue the fact that he could be a very effective passer. But like you said, BW not having to do it often because their run game has been more than adequate to win games, it still does point out the fact that no reps because inability or no reps because of no necessity are still lack of reps. And a lack of reps can be the difference in the game if BW has to turn to more passing if CovCath stops the run. 
 

Regardless of Cash, if CovCath stops the run, I believe they win. 

I'm the opposite of @Keith the old guy (welcome to BGP by the way!!), I think it is much wider than most.  I have the Tigers by 21+, I think Beechwood wins the turnover margin by at least 2, and that ultimately helps them pull away and stay away.

 

7 minutes ago, TheConch said:

That could all be true and I won’t argue the fact that he could be a very effective passer. But like you said, BW not having to do it often because their run game has been more than adequate to win games, it still does point out the fact that no reps because inability or no reps because of no necessity are still lack of reps. And a lack of reps can be the difference in the game if BW has to turn to more passing if CovCath stops the run. 
 

Regardless of Cash, if CovCath stops the run, I believe they win. 

Harney is averaging 12 pass attempts per game and completing 77% of those. Two of those games have come on the road against 5A Fairdale (3-1) and 2A Somerset (3-1). In those two games, he threw four of his six TD passes. 

Of note, also, he only has six pass attempts more than Pitzer on the season and 26 more than Roberts. Shouldn't the Colonel faithful, given those numbers, be more concerned with the lack of reps for Roberts? When you look closer at the numbers, it's very clear Harney is not being hidden in the offense at all. 

I also hope that the Colonels, while focusing on their run defense this week, spend some time working on pass protection. The Tiger pass rush, led by junior DE Xavier Campbell, has 12 sacks in four games. I would protecting the inexperienced Roberts as a big key for the Colonels.

 

 

3 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Harney is averaging 12 pass attempts per game and completing 77% of those. Two of those games have come on the road against 5A Fairdale (3-1) and 2A Somerset (3-1). In those two games, he threw four of his six TD passes. 

Of note, also, he only has six pass attempts more than Pitzer on the season and 26 more than Roberts. Shouldn't the Colonel faithful, given those numbers, be more concerned with the lack of reps for Roberts? When you look closer at the numbers, it's very clear Harney is not being hidden in the offense at all. 

I also hope that the Colonels, while focusing on their run defense this week, spend some time working on pass protection. The Tiger pass rush, led by junior DE Xavier Campbell, has 12 sacks in four games. I would protecting the inexperienced Roberts as a big key for the Colonels.

 

 

You’re incredibly defensive of the BW passing game.

I gave you my opinion, didn’t intend to strike a nerve. We’ll see what happens Friday. 

2 minutes ago, TheConch said:

You’re incredibly defensive of the BW passing game.

I gave you my opinion, didn’t intend to strike a nerve. We’ll see what happens Friday. 

Not defensive...fact driven. ?

On another note, I am interested to see Willie Rodriguez. I've always been impressed by him as an athlete/go to guy. How has he changed from last year to this year?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.