Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2022 at 11:00 PM

4 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Not defensive...fact driven. 🙂

On another note, I am interested to see Willie Rodriguez. I've always been impressed by him as an athlete/go to guy. How has he changed from last year to this year?

Definitely had solid night at Dixie. Still think he has a ton of growth as he hasn’t reached his potential yet, but he is fun to watch. 

Really good size, and think he does a good job of finding open grass. 

How can anyone not believe that Roberts is under the most pressure of the 2 QB’s?!

Everyone is failing to realize that even though Cash is a 14 years old Freshman… Cash has started more varsity games than Roberts. Cash has thrown more varsity passes than Roberts. And he has more varsity snaps! 

Look at the supporting casts for both QB’s: Beechwood has the better Offensive skill players & Beechwood has the better Defense which ranks #2 in the state. 

*Don’t forget Roberts enrolled at Beechwood last spring before re-enrolling back to CovCath.
The Tigers didn’t forget 🐾 

BW 28 CCH 7 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheRedTiger said:

How can anyone not believe that Roberts is under the most pressure of the 2 QB’s?!

Everyone is failing to realize that even though Cash is a 14 years old Freshman… Cash has started more varsity games than Roberts. Cash has thrown more varsity passes than Roberts. And he has more varsity snaps! 

Look at the supporting casts for both QB’s: Beechwood has the better Offensive skill players & Beechwood has the better Defense which ranks #2 in the state. 

*Don’t forget Roberts enrolled at Beechwood last spring before re-enrolling back to CovCath.

BW 28 CCH 7 

Welcome to BGP @TheRedTiger!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TheRedTiger said:

BW 28 CCH 7 

Didn’t forget? I hope not, it happened just last year. Did that offend you guys? 

22 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Didn’t forget? I hope not, it happened just last year. Did that offend you guys? 

Offend you guys? I am not a member of the Beechwood football team as I am not a current high school student.
But if you don’t think that when he gets sacked a few times the Tigers don’t let him hear about it you’re quite wrong…

Ultimately I am happy for the kid, I’m glad he found a school who’d let him start. I wouldn’t want to back up a sophomore as a senior.

4 minutes ago, TheRedTiger said:

Offend you guys? I am not a member of the Beechwood football team as I am not a current high school student.
But if you don’t think that when he gets sacked a few times the Tigers don’t let him hear about it you’re quite wrong…

Ultimately I am happy for the kid, I’m glad he found a school who’d let him start. I wouldn’t want to back up a sophomore as a senior 🤷🏽‍♂️

Lol. Glad you didn’t forget. 

See you Friday. 

17 minutes ago, TheRedTiger said:

Ultimately I am happy for the kid, I’m glad he found a school who’d let him start. I wouldn’t want to back up a sophomore as a senior.

This may be a topic for another thread or time but who is the Sophomore? Is there another QB that would replace the current QB at some point this season?

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

This may be a topic for another thread or time but who is the Sophomore? Is there another QB that would replace the current QB at some point this season?

This example took place when Roberts enrolled at Beechwood. Clay Hayden was the starter! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TheConch said:

Definitely had solid night at Dixie. Still think he has a ton of growth as he hasn’t reached his potential yet, but he is fun to watch. 

Really good size, and think he does a good job of finding open grass. 

Rodriguez is the one player that I came away from the Dixie game being very impressed with. Speed to go along with size. He can go up and get it. If the CC QB has any time to throw then Rodriquez will be a handful for the BW defense. 

• Like 2

This is going to be a great game!

Both teams have excellent coaching staffs so that is a wash...

While making my pick I wanted to list out some pros for both teams:

Beechwood:

1. Mitchell Berger does it all.  Runs down hill and is as solid as John Riggins. PATs, Punts, Linebacking like Mike Singleterry.  For playing the whole game it seems he also has incredible stamina.  If there ever was a Mr Football he is it.

2.  27 Game Win Streak.  Hard to break those.

3. More experience.  Some of these guys are in their 5th year and have been playing since they were freshman.  That's way more experience then all the players for CCH.  Pair that with a lot of tournament runs and you are breaking high school records for the amount of minutes played in a varsity game.

4.  Waddell - Kids a beast on both sides of the ball.  Of course there is a rumor that he got hurt last game and won't be playing Friday.  If that is the case that is big for CCH.

CCH

1. IMO has played a tougher schedule YTD and is getting better each week.  In many cases this is the first year of Varsity football and kids are still adjusting to the speed of the game.  Coaches are putting kids in the right position and learning from mistakes.  They have beat 2 really good programs, 1 upcoming program and got humbled by Elder who beats any team in NKY this year.  

2.  No Drama.  They seem to have good senior leadership, none of their kids have been in the news in trouble with the law, and they don't have to worry about all the re-classification stuff because they were not allowed.

3.  No Pressure.  They are the underdog.  They can just go out there and have fun and play in front of an awesome crowd.

4.  Aiden Jones - Playmaker.  Not as fast as Michael Mayer but every bit as strong and angry on the football field.  He is also fun to watch on defense.

It is gonna be a close, hard fought battle.  Because of the home field advantage, I'm going to pick the Underdog CCH 12-9.  Berger hits all three Field Goals. CCH scores twice, one of them a special teams return, but misses both PATs.  Pace of game will be super quick due to amount of running.

Go Colonels!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, 1992Rebel said:

This is going to be a great game!

Both teams have excellent coaching staffs so that is a wash...

While making my pick I wanted to list out some pros for both teams:

Beechwood:

1. Mitchell Berger does it all.  Runs down hill and is as solid as John Riggins. PATs, Punts, Linebacking like Mike Singleterry.  For playing the whole game it seems he also has incredible stamina.  If there ever was a Mr Football he is it.

2.  27 Game Win Streak.  Hard to break those.

3. More experience.  Some of these guys are in their 5th year and have been playing since they were freshman.  That's way more experience then all the players for CCH.  Pair that with a lot of tournament runs and you are breaking high school records for the amount of minutes played in a varsity game.

4.  Waddell - Kids a beast on both sides of the ball.  Of course there is a rumor that he got hurt last game and won't be playing Friday.  If that is the case that is big for CCH.

CCH

1. IMO has played a tougher schedule YTD and is getting better each week.  In many cases this is the first year of Varsity football and kids are still adjusting to the speed of the game.  Coaches are putting kids in the right position and learning from mistakes.  They have beat 2 really good programs, 1 upcoming program and got humbled by Elder who beats any team in NKY this year.  

2.  No Drama.  They seem to have good senior leadership, none of their kids have been in the news in trouble with the law, and they don't have to worry about all the re-classification stuff because they were not allowed.

3.  No Pressure.  They are the underdog.  They can just go out there and have fun and play in front of an awesome crowd.

4.  Aiden Jones - Playmaker.  Not as fast as Michael Mayer but every bit as strong and angry on the football field.  He is also fun to watch on defense.

It is gonna be a close, hard fought battle.  Because of the home field advantage, I'm going to pick the Underdog CCH 12-9.  Berger hits all three Field Goals. CCH scores twice, one of them a special teams return, but misses both PATs.  Pace of game will be super quick due to amount of running.

Go Colonels!

Mayer is on the field? Automatic CCH win. Right @TheConch

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

There’s this guy on BW’s defense who is perfect to counteract Rodriguez…. His name is Antonio Robinson Jr. I would have to bet that Robinson will shadow their best receiver all game. 

Not a bad matchup for Rodriguez. Big size advantage and leaves the outside of the field open if Robinson is matching up with a Tight End. I would say BW mixes up the coverages. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Mayer is on the field? Automatic CCH win. Right @TheConch

😂😂 you just gave me a good chuckle. But yes, you know my rule. Mayer on the field = automatic W. Congrats to the Colonels.

Aidan Jones is a solid HS fball player, not even in the same conversation as MM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheConch said:

😂😂 you just gave me a good chuckle. But yes, you know my rule. Mayer on the field = automatic W. Congrats to the Colonels.

Aidan Jones is a solid HS fball player, not even in the same conversation as MM.

A couple of Mayer comps in here, which I could not disagree more with. As a reminder:

• Mike was a 5 star recruit without an elite athletic profile, which is almost impossible to do. 
  • He was, by far, the best player on the field in every game as senior, which featured games against commits from Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson. He was probably the best high school football player in the country as a senior and played physically like a college junior on both sides of the ball.
  • He had the most receptions as a freshman on a college football playoff team. 
  • He’s a likely first round pick after his junior year. 

No offense to AJ and MB, but they aren't remotely close as players. 

• Like 8

• theguru changed the title to Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue locked this topic