Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2022 at 11:00 PM

1 minute ago, BWTigers said:

That's quite the disparity. I was not expecting that.

I thought it would be a little closer too but you never really know.  I think most people that don't have a strong feeling about the game are going with Beechwood.  I know this Beechwood fan is worried about tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, theguru said:

I thought it would be a little closer too but you never really know.  I think most people that don't have a strong feeling about the game are going with Beechwood.  I know this Beechwood fan is worried about tonight. 

I am the same way which is why it is even harder to not be there to watch this one. Its not often Cov Cath comes into this game with nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Absolutely worried. Rivalry game. CCH is underrated. At CCH. By a good amount Beechwood's toughest opponent on their schedule. Beechwood will be tested tonight in ways they have not been tested yet. Can the Tigers handle challenge? It looks like a one score game to me. If Beechwood wins by more than a score, look out 2A.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Absolutely worried. Rivalry game. CCH is underrated. At CCH. By a good amount Beechwood's toughest opponent on their schedule. Beechwood will be tested tonight in ways they have not been tested yet. Can the Tigers handle challenge? It looks like a one score game to me. If Beechwood wins by more than a score, look out 2A.

You are inside my head VoR. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I hope the CCH faithful aren’t looking at last week’s victory against an undisciplined and young Dixie squad and thinking their ills are healed. They struggled at times to run the ball which is a trend with this team, were in 4th down situations quite a bit, and at times aided by some questionable officiating. I think CCH is good, they are CCH after all, but if they cannot keep the BW offense off the field this game is doomed to be a blowout. Beechwood has a good defense that will get their offense the ball back quick and if they know you are one dimensional it will be exploited. I think CCH has an amazing passing attack and can hang for a minute, but not for a game. I think the Blue Colonels are seeing red after this one. 30-17

10 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

The other day Colonel fans should say "5 Hail Mary's", today you are "absolutely worried"?  Not buying it.  Beechwood wins easily, you know it (and LOVE it), and most know it.  Don't feign concern for this game, come on VOR.  😇

What Did You Say The Mighty Thor GIF - What Did You Say The Mighty Thor Awie De Guzman GIFs

This Beechwood fan is not worried.

Completely understand Rodriguez is a legit weapon, but Beechwood's defensive staff has made it routing taking out/eliminating the top option for opposing teams. I think they focus heavily on making sure Roberts/Rodriguez don't get hot tonight, when then leaves the onus on the Colonels running game to take control. I don't see that happening with the way Beechwood's defense has played so far. 

Also, keep in mind, Robinson is the best cover corner in NKY and Craycraft is solid on the other side...if CovCath is going to be able to move the ball through the air, it has to be with Rodriguez in the middle of the field.

Beechwood 27, CovCath 13

On 9/14/2022 at 5:52 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Idea - Colonels fans say 5 Hail Mayers before this game.

31 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

The other day Colonel fans should say "5 Hail Mary's", today you are "absolutely worried"?  Not buying it.  Beechwood wins easily, you know it (and LOVE it), and most know it.  Don't feign concern for this game, come on VOR.  😇

That was a joke. That had nothing to do with my opinion on the game. Even though it was a joke, I purposely did not say "should" to avoid anyone saying it was my opinion.

• theguru changed the title to Beechwood at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue locked this topic