Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Top 10

Featured Replies

A lot sure has changed since the begginning of the season. Here is my best effort-

 

1a) CovCath- respectable showing at the 5th/3rd, have been doing well since the return of Bo and Brown.

 

1b) St. Henry- I gave CovCath a slight nod due to the fact that I believe that CCH would win right now. But consistency has to stand for something..

 

3) Holmes- most likely the most talented, also it seems the most disorganized. All hope is not lost though...

 

4) Boone County- relatively untested but beating SK is solid.

 

5) Holy Cross- Tough schedule, no real surprises. Just haven't moved as far up as St. H and Boone.

 

6) Highlands- nice win over NCC but big loss to Brossart stands out....

 

7) NCC

8) Dixie

9) Conner

10) Ryle

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) St Henry (Give them credit, knocked off both Covcath and Holmes, although they were both depleted, but got the job done and have been consistent TO THIS DAY)

 

2a) Covcath (Keep finding ways to win)

2b) Holmes (Really missing Jefferson but still most talented team in the 9th)

 

4) Boone (solid record and beat a depleted but good SK team)

 

5) Holy Cross

 

6-10...pull the names out of a hat.

  • Author

Anyone outside of Holmes and CovCath care to share their mind?

1.) St. Henry - I'll give them the credit that they deserve.

2.) CovCath - Playing tough ball right now and seems to get better with each game.

3.) Holy Cross - Tough schedule will pay off in the end.

4.) Holmes - Really missing Jefferson, they will more than likely be on the top by season's end.

5.) Boone Co. - Continues to impress. Fundamentally sound team.

 

6.) Highlands

7.) Dixie

8.) NCC

9.) Conner

10.) Newport - just had to throw someone in. I don't feel like Ryle deserves to be in the top 10. They've been getting blown out.

I think overall the whole top 10 looks pretty weak. If we have to hang our hat on St. Henry going downstate and competing we are in trouble. They have knocked off some good teams but CCH was depleted and Holmes is just Holmes. They can show up and light you up for 90 pts or they can play lazy streetball and get beat like last night.

 

I like Boone Co in the top 3 atleast. In the end, the team playing the hottest at the end of Feb will be the team that goes so St. Henry better not peak too early.

1.) St. Henry - I'll give them the credit that they deserve.

2.) CovCath - Playing tough ball right now and seems to get better with each game.

3.) Holy Cross - Tough schedule will pay off in the end.4.) Holmes - Really missing Jefferson, they will more than likely be on the top by season's end.

5.) Boone Co. - Continues to impress. Fundamentally sound team.

 

6.) Highlands

7.) Dixie

8.) NCC

9.) Conner

10.) Newport - just had to throw someone in. I don't feel like Ryle deserves to be in the top 10. They've been getting blown out.

 

Holy Cross isn't better than both Boone and Holmes, and won't beat either of them.

I think overall the whole top 10 looks pretty weak. If we have to hang our hat on St. Henry going downstate and competing we are in trouble. They have knocked off some good teams but CCH was depleted and Holmes is just Holmes. They can show up and light you up for 90 pts or they can play lazy streetball and get beat like last night.

 

I like Boone Co in the top 3 atleast. In the end, the team playing the hottest at the end of Feb will be the team that goes so St. Henry better not peak too early.

 

I think I have to agree with you. OVERALL and by the end of the season, once both teams are full strength, Holmes and Covcath will fight it out. Jefferson will be back within the next 2 weeks, so a lot of us will finally get to see the dominant Holmes team that most of us expected to see this year.

 

But don't count Boone out. They keep winning so IMO they are the only legitimate top 3 team RIGHT NOW. But all in all I think your post is dead on.

Holy Cross isn't better than both Boone and Holmes, and won't beat either of them.

Well, Holy Cross just beat Boone Co. by a better margin than I thought they would. Do you want to change your opinion on Holy Cross?

Holy Cross is tough, but Boone seemed a bit flat from the win againest SK.

Well, Holy Cross just beat Boone Co. by a better margin than I thought they would. Do you want to change your opinion on Holy Cross?

 

I'll be the first to eat crow. Congrats to your boys.

I'll be the first to eat crow. Congrats to your boys.

They ain't my boys, just saw them play a couple times this year and I'll tell you this, they are better than what you may think.

9th region as of now

 

1) St. Henry

2) Cov. Cath

3a) Holmes

3b) Holy Cross

 

a clear drop off after that, a big win over a depleted SK team does not make Boone a contender, SK lost that game more than Boone won it. I'm sure this list will be different by March.

They ain't my boys, just saw them play a couple times this year and I'll tell you this, they are better than what you may think.

 

They may be a good team. But in the past 2 years, HC hasn't played within 15 points of Holmes. You must beat the man to be the man.

Holmes will be right there in the end, believe it. HC will also be right ther ein the thick of it.

Worst that 9th has been in a long time if ever. Not so much a knock on top teams but I think that even they will have a tough time cmpeting with top teams in the state.

 

If you put Dixie in the 6 spot because they are playing better the drop off after that is very very steep!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.