Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Top 10

Featured Replies

If you think Holy Cross and St Henry are going to be the two teams playing for the 9th region tournament championship, you're in for a rude awakening.

 

Just remember this...by the time districts start in March, both Holmes and Covcath will have been playing at full strength for over a month and have all of the kinks worked out that have plagued them in their early losses

 

 

but as of right now they are not, so that is why he ranked them like that, or at least i think.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.10.07 Top 10

 

1. CCH

2. St Henry

3. Holy Cross

4. NewCath

5. Dixie

6. Holmes

7. Boone

8. Highlands

9. Conner

 

This is how I'd rank them should they play tonight.

1.10.07 Top 10

 

1. CCH

2. St Henry

3. Holy Cross

4. NewCath

5. Dixie

6. Holmes

7. Boone

8. Highlands

9. Conner

 

This is how I'd rank them should they play tonight.

 

I only disagree with NewCath as I would put Dixie as #4 and Holmes at #5 with NewCath #6. CCH is not a clear cut #1 but for now they should be. Holy Cross is making noise and could reach #1 soon.

With or without Jefferson, there's no way Holmes is #6 in nky even right now.

But to be honest, I like where you said 'potential to unravel" because until they get Jefferson inserted back in the lineup, we won't know just how good they really are.

I'm not so sure about this. Because even with Jefferson they still managed to unravel last year. They get my #1 vote for team with most potential, team with most talent, and team most likely to self-destruct. They sure do miss Lexie.

I only disagree with NewCath as I would put Dixie as #4 and Holmes at #5 with NewCath #6. CCH is not a clear cut #1 but for now they should be. Holy Cross is making noise and could reach #1 soon.

 

I agree on CCH's tenuous hold on the #1 position. I also agree that HC could move up. I have not watched them yet but I do believe they are one of the more balanced teams offensively and have a legit shot.

  • Author

Now we are into the beggining of February and Districts are weeks away. Things seemed to have settled down to the way we figured that they would.

Top 2 is easy...

1. CovCath- beating some of the best in the state.

2. Holmes- seem to be (slowly) coming back

 

I'd say 4 teams compete for the next 4 spots. NCC beat St. Henry, St. Henry beat Holy Cross, Holy Cross beat Dixie, and Dixie beat NCC. Here is what I came up with...

3. NewCath- All A 9th Champions

4. St. Henry- loss to Ryle looks bad but they beat HC in Newport

5. Holy Cross- beat Dixie and have won 7 of 9.

6. Dixie- have had a brutal schedule (Holmes, HC, GRC, Lafayette, SK) but have lost 7 straight.

 

After that Boone beat Conner, Conner beat Ryle, and Ryle beat Boone. I guess.....

7. Boone- looks like they are coming back down to earth.

8. Ryle- you never know who you will get.

9. Conner- untested but in that district anyone could make it to region.

10th spot goes to- Highlands- tough schedule and a lot of injuries, but it is plausible for them to make region as well.

Boone also beat NewCath and St. Henry.

 

I'd put 3-9 a toss up because on any given night, any of these teams could beat each other.

Now we are into the beggining of February and Districts are weeks away. Things seemed to have settled down to the way we figured that they would.

Top 2 is easy...

1. CovCath- beating some of the best in the state.

2. Holmes- seem to be (slowly) coming back

 

I'd say 4 teams compete for the next 4 spots. NCC beat St. Henry, St. Henry beat Holy Cross, Holy Cross beat Dixie, and Dixie beat NCC. Here is what I came up with...

3. NewCath- All A 9th Champions

4. St. Henry- loss to Ryle looks bad but they beat HC in Newport

5. Holy Cross- beat Dixie and have won 7 of 9.

6. Dixie- have had a brutal schedule (Holmes, HC, GRC, Lafayette, SK) but have lost 7 straight.

 

After that Boone beat Conner, Conner beat Ryle, and Ryle beat Boone. I guess.....

7. Boone- looks like they are coming back down to earth.

8. Ryle- you never know who you will get.

9. Conner- untested but in that district anyone could make it to region.

10th spot goes to- Highlands- tough schedule and a lot of injuries, but it is plausible for them to make region as well.

 

I agree with your top 2. Holmes or CovCath will win the 9th region.

I agree with your top 2. Holmes or CovCath will win the 9th region.

 

I agree as well, of course I am a homer! :p

Not sure how Highlands is in the top 10 when they have only won 5 games.

Now we are into the beggining of February and Districts are weeks away. Things seemed to have settled down to the way we figured that they would.

Top 2 is easy...

1. CovCath- beating some of the best in the state.

2. Holmes- seem to be (slowly) coming back

 

I'd say 4 teams compete for the next 4 spots. NCC beat St. Henry, St. Henry beat Holy Cross, Holy Cross beat Dixie, and Dixie beat NCC. Here is what I came up with...

3. NewCath- All A 9th Champions

4. St. Henry- loss to Ryle looks bad but they beat HC in Newport

5. Holy Cross- beat Dixie and have won 7 of 9.

6. Dixie- have had a brutal schedule (Holmes, HC, GRC, Lafayette, SK) but have lost 7 straight.

 

After that Boone beat Conner, Conner beat Ryle, and Ryle beat Boone. I guess.....

7. Boone- looks like they are coming back down to earth.

8. Ryle- you never know who you will get.

9. Conner- untested but in that district anyone could make it to region.

10th spot goes to- Highlands- tough schedule and a lot of injuries, but it is plausible for them to make region as well.

 

Looks about right to me :thumb:

  • Author
Not sure how Highlands is in the top 10 when they have only won 5 games.

Who else? Anyways they probably have the best remaining chance of making region.

1. Covington Catholic

2. St. Henry

3. Holmes

4. Newport Central Catholic

5. Holy Cross

6. Boone County

7. Simon Kenton

8. Dixie

9. Conner

10. Highlands

  • Author
1. Covington Catholic

2. St. Henry

3. Holmes

4. Newport Central Catholic

5. Holy Cross

6. Boone County

7. Simon Kenton

8. Dixie

9. Conner

10. Highlands

 

SK is not in the region and they have beaten St. Henry and Holmes.

Glad to see we're in the 8th since we would only be the 7th best team in the 9th. lol

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.