Howell Rankings Countdown 2022

teeroy

15 minutes ago, teeroy said:

Team #5 is Beechwood!

Too high, too low, or about right? Is Beechwood the best team in northern Kentucky?

Check back tomorrow for #4!

https://www.premierhighschoolsports.com/post/howell-rankings-countdown-ky-high-school-football-team-5-beechwood

I think Beechwood is too high on your list but probably the best team in NKY. 

6 hours ago, teeroy said:

Team #5 is Beechwood!

Too high, too low, or about right? Is Beechwood the best team in northern Kentucky?

Check back tomorrow for #4!

https://www.premierhighschoolsports.com/post/howell-rankings-countdown-ky-high-school-football-team-5-beechwood

Too high. I say they should be ranked around the 15-20 range. They have no QB which is a huge thing to be ranked  that high. They still will be one of the better teams in NKY if not the best. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BBN_34 said:

With all due respect it’s really tough for me to believe Beechwood would beat Trinity.

I wish they would play each other. Last year we got2A Beechwood vs 5A Cov Cath and 2A LCA vs Boyle, and LCA vs 6A semifinalist Madison Central. This year we get LCA vs Madison Central to start the year.

7 hours ago, BBN_34 said:

With all due respect it’s really tough for me to believe Beechwood would beat Trinity.

6 hours ago, theguru said:

That thought has crossed my mind today... about 7 times.

6 hours ago, bluecolonels95 said:

Too high. I say they should be ranked around the 15-20 range. They have no QB which is a huge thing to be ranked  that high. They still will be one of the better teams in NKY if not the best. 

1 hour ago, teeroy said:

I wish they would play each other. Last year we got2A Beechwood vs 5A Cov Cath and 2A LCA vs Boyle, and LCA vs 6A semifinalist Madison Central. This year we get LCA vs Madison Central to start the year.

1 hour ago, Tkinslow said:

If Beechwood really was better than Trinity how crazy would that be. Has Trinity ever lost to a 2A club. By the way I’m not saying they are just saying if that was the case how insane would that be.

calpreps.com project a matchup of Trinity vs Beechwood last year: Trinity 34 Beechwood 28

Personally, I don't think Trinity would score 34 on Beechwood last year but I also doubt that Beechwood would score 28 on Trinity.

For comparison, calpreps.com project a matchup of 2021 LCA vs Beechwood: LCA 30 Beechwood 28

In real life, Beechwood won 23-21.

Food for thought. 

10 hours ago, The Rebel of Knights said:

Having Boyle in the top 10 this year, let alone the top 5 is a stretch.  Offensive lineman injured, new QB.  Just don't see it.  

How many key offensive lineman are hurt and how serious are the injuries?

Team #3 is Frederick Douglass!

30. Central

29. Raceland

28. Logan County

27. Lexington Catholic

26. Belfry

25. Pulaski County

24. PRP

23. Bowling Green

22. Ryle

21. Southwestern

20. Bryan Station