Howell Rankings Countdown 2022

teeroy

13 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

That is probably true but I would also say that 21 FD was better than 20 FD as well.

FD 20 vs FD 21 I"m not sure who would win.  '20 had co-MR Football Burton and also Crowdus.

Reading the CJ article this morning, it's pretty clear the X offensive staff want Havill to be the starter but just can't clearly beat out Boone for the job. Boone will be all over the place on offense, I would envision kind of like Mekhi Smith last year in terms of lining him up to manipulate the defense so X can get what they want. My guess is they'll use both QBs the first two weeks and then try to settle in on just one for week 3 against Male.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

Reading the CJ article this morning, it's pretty clear the X offensive staff want Havill to be the starter but just can't clearly beat out Boone for the job. Boone will be all over the place on offense, I would envision kind of like Mekhi Smith last year in terms of lining him up to manipulate the defense so X can get what they want. My guess is they'll use both QBs the first two weeks and then try to settle in on just one for week 3 against Male.

Boone had most of snaps at QB in Frederick Douglass scrimmage. If Havill in game then Boone will be at WR.

5 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Bullitt East people fired up since not in Top 30.

Fans being fans.  I like the excitement.  I have no problem with not being in the preseason ranking.  Lost a couple of games last year they shouldn't have and didn't stay with Male as long as they should have.  Could care less about preseason.  3rd or 4th round playoffs are a must with this team. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 7:40 AM, teeroy said:

Team #3 is Frederick Douglass!

30. Central

29. Raceland

28. Logan County

27. Lexington Catholic

26. Belfry

25. Pulaski County

24. PRP

23. Bowling Green

22. Ryle

21. Southwestern

20. Bryan Station

19. Paducah Tilghman

18. Mayfield

17. Corbin

16. CAL

15. DuPont Manual

14. Franklin County

13. Pikeville

12. Madison Central

11. South Warren

10. Woodford County

9. Johnson Central

8. Owensboro

7. Trinity
6. LCA

5. Beechwood

4. Male

3. Frederick Douglass

2. ?

1. ?

I guess we will find out early if Highlands is for real this year.  They get to play #11 in week 1, #29 in week 4, and #22 in week 5.  
They also play a much improved and dangerous (especially offensively) 6A Simon Kenton team in week 2. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, NKYPrepSportsFan said:

I guess we will find out early if Highlands is for real this year.  They get to play #11 in week 1, #29 in week 4, and #22 in week 5.  
They also play a much improved and dangerous (especially offensively) 6A Simon Kenton team in week 2. 

Yes if Highlands has a good start to the season they will move into the rankings easily.  Teams that just missed the top 30 included Highlands, Cov Cath, Owensboro Cath, Bullitt East and a few others.  None of those 4 finished in top 25 last year.  Had Highlands got Robinson they would have been preseason top 30 but my sources were telling me Beechwood was the likely spot at the time.  Cov Cath lost so much including I believe Mason to transfer, had he stayed they would have been in to 30.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, teeroy said:

Yes if Highlands has a good start to the season they will move into the rankings easily.  Teams that just missed the top 30 included Highlands, Cov Cath, Owensboro Cath, Bullitt East and a few others.  None of those 4 finished in top 25 last year.  Had Highlands got Robinson they would have been preseason top 30 but my sources were telling me Beechwood was the likely spot at the time.  Cov Cath lost so much including I believe Mason to transfer, had he stayed they would have been in to 30.

Thank you for the additional and for putting so much effort into Kentucky High School Football. @teeroy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, teeroy said:

If a frog had wings...........