Howell Rankings Countdown 2022

teeroy

I'll be doing my Top 30 countdown again this year.  The detailed info will be on www.premierhighschoolsports.com and my twitter @teeroyhowell but I will also be sharing it here as well.

Football season starts in 30 days so I'll be counting down 1 team per day from #30 leading up to the start of the season.

Team #30

Louisville Central

Check back tomorrow for #29

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Central returns 17 starters so I think they will be a championship contender. I look forward to when St. X plays them since going to be two strong defenses on the field.

Yes, Central can make a deep run this year.  I expect them to be good and wouldn't be surprised to see them finish in the 20-25 range.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teeroy said:

#29 Raceland 

#30 Louisville Central

1 minute ago, teeroy said:

Yes, Central can make a deep run this year.  I expect them to be good and wouldn't be surprised to see them finish in the 20-25 range.

I would take Central over Raceland 7 days a week and twice on Friday. 🙂

• Like 10

4 hours ago, teeroy said:

#27 Lexington Catholic

#28 Logan County

#29 Raceland

#30 Louisville Central

Nothing against these teams because I know Raceland is a really good class A club and Logan has been pretty competitive lately but top 30 in the state seems a little high.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Nothing against these teams because I know Raceland is a really good class A club and Logan has been pretty competitive lately but top 30 in the state seems a little high.

Do you think LexCath is too high?

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Do you think LexCath is too high?

I honestly think Central will be better than all 3 of the teams ranked ahead of them but I do understand it’s hard to do this list and at the end of the day you have put someone in each slot. To answer your question I think that’s probably pretty close for Catholic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I honestly think Central will be better than all 3 of the teams ranked ahead of them but I do understand it’s hard to do this list and at the end of the day you have put someone in each slot. To answer your question I think that’s probably pretty close for Catholic.

Central did have very solid results last year except for the 35-6 home loss to Franklin County late in the season, which was puzzling, but they did play Franklin County very close on the road a few weeks later in the playoffs. Central does have a high ceiling if things fall into place.

Of the  4 teams. Lex Cath was the only team ranked in final top 25 last year, but they lost more production than any of the other 3 (Logan, Raceland, Central).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

26 teams better than LexCath noway!

They finished #22 last year and lost several key players, maybe they will be better than last year but I wouldn’t be surprised if they are about the same in the 20-30 range.

• Like 1