17. Corbin

16. CAL

15. DuPont Manual

14. Franklin County

13. Pikeville

2021 Record: 14-2

2021 Playoffs: Defeated Russellville 30-27 in A Finals

2021 Final Ranking: #10

Players to Watch: RB Blake Birchfield (SR), DT Luke Ray (SR) , WR Wade Hensley (SR), LB Devin Derrosett (SR)

Key Losses: QB Isaac McNamee (Murray State), WR Zac Lockhart, OL/DL Landon Hammock

Game to Watch: September 23 vs LCA

After leading the Panthers to state titles in 2019 and 2021, quarterback Isaac McNamee has moved on to Murray State but RB Blake Birchfield (290 carries for 2,512 yards and 25 TDS) returns. He will run behind and offensive line that returns starters Rico Perez, Peyton Sayers, and Mason Sayers. Senior linebacker Devin Derrosett made several key plays in last year's state title win over Russellville. Look for the Panthers to be favored to win Class A for the 3rd time in 4 years, though the east will be loaded with the likes of Raceland, Paintsville, and Hazard.

https://twitter.com/teeroyhowell/status/1466851980115165184?s=20&t=9oIObRX7Sxpe7Nf72IWCew

https://twitter.com/teeroyhowell/status/1441554742702968834?s=20&t=9oIObRX7Sxpe7Nf72IWCew

Check back tomorrow for #12!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I've seen both Highlands and Raceland in 7v7 and seen both team's linemen and I have to say I agree.  It's tough to do a top 30 list and be right about all of them.  You're going to miss some.  Raceland might be a contender for the 1A title, but that doesn't make them a top 30 team in the state.

You are correct that it is tough to get all the teams ranked right. I’m sure I will miss on at least 1 or 2. Last year it was St. X that I missed on!

18 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I realize he is 1 guy but he was and is the heart and soul of our LB crew and he went down after the first play of the 38-8 game. Glad he will be back bigger and stronger this year!

DF898744-86C5-4B6C-901B-EEA538989854.jpeg

Yeah that did make a defense. Losing your defensive leader early on in a playoff game is tough to overcome.

1 hour ago, teeroy said:

No surprises in the top 12, all were good last year. Feel free to guess who the teams. 

St X, Trinity, Male, South Warren, Boyle, Douglas, LCA, Beechwood, Ballard, Johnson Central, Cov. Cath., and Woodford is my guess.   

Just now, Rebel said:

St X, Trinity, Male, South Warren, Boyle, Douglas, LCA, Beechwood, Ballard, Johnson Central, Cov. Cath., and Woodford is my guess.   

I am going to say you got 11 out of 12 but I have no clue. 🤷‍♀️

9 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Not a bad guess at all, but that leaves out Madison Central & Owensboro from the Top 30 list, which I can't see happening.  No disrespect intended, but I would take any of the teams you listed and either Madison Central or Owensboro over Logan County, Raceland or Lexington Catholic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, teeroy said:

You are correct that it is tough to get all the teams ranked right. I’m sure I will miss on at least 1 or 2. Last year it was St. X that I missed on!

Hey, I understand completely.  Last year I whiffed badly on Boyle Co.  It happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

From my understanding South Warren lost most of there production. My guess is they don’t make it along with Ballard. Replace those 2 with Owensboro and Madison C. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

From my understanding South Warren lost most of there production. My guess is they don’t make it along with Ballard. Replace those 2 with Owensboro and Madison C. 

South Warren has been top 10 in the state every year since 2016 except 2019, and they were top 30 that year.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

South Warren has been top 10 in the state every year since 2016 except 2019, and they were top 30 that year.

Your right, but through out that time they haven’t lost as much production that they have this previous yr... Who would you vote out, if anyone at all from Rebels prediction? 

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

According to Calpreps, CovCath, Beechwood, and Ballard won’t make his top 30.  Now they are ranked #21, #25 and #28 in Calpreps though.

Cal Preps has these ranked the highest but so far left off TeeRoy’s list:

1. Boyle

2. X

3. Trinity

4. Male

5. Douglass

6. LCA

7. S Warren

8. Owensboro

9. Woodford

10, Bryan Station

11. Johnson Central

13. Madison Central

These are most likely the team he still has, but maybe shifted in order.  #12 is Manual and already listed by TeeRoy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brown said:

According to Calpreps, CovCath, Beechwood, and Ballard won’t make his top 30.  Now they are ranked #21, #25 and #28 in Calpreps though.

Cal Preps has these ranked the highest but so far left off TeeRoy’s list:

1. Boyle

2. X

3. Trinity

4. Male

5. Douglass

6. LCA

7. S Warren

8. Owensboro

9. Woodford

10, Bryan Station

11. Johnson Central

13. Madison Central

These are most likely the team he still has, but maybe shifted in order.  #12 is Manual and already listed by TeeRoy.

Bryan Station currently has already been placed at #20 on the list.  So, they will not be one of the next 12 announced. 

• Like 1