Howell Rankings Countdown 2022

teeroy

2 hours ago, Brown said:

Top 10 teams left based upon CalPreps

X, Boyle, Trinity, Male, Douglass, LCA, Owensboro, Woodford, Johnson Central, Highlands.

Beechwood fans might have a beef of not making  top 30 (or Highlands if Calpreps is wrong).

2 hours ago, theguru said:

If Beechwood doesn't make Troy's Top 30 I would be shocked. 

4 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

If BW isn’t in the top 30, consider me stunned. 

Beechwood will be ranked higher than LCA.

• Like 1

Beechwood not in the Top 5... sure.

Beechwood not in the Top 10... argument can be made for sure.

Beechwood not in the Top 15.. debatable... not a very likely debate for the ranker to win.. but debatable.

Beechwood not in the Top 20... don't be silly.

Beechwood not in the Top 25... yikes.

Beechwood not in the Top 30... is there a no fly list for High School Football credibility in Kentucky?

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Beechwood not in the Top 15.. debatable... not a very likely debate for the ranker to win.. but debatable.

Beechwood not in the Top 30... is there a no fly list for High School Football credibility in Kentucky?

Some of your best work ATL!

2 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

If BW isn’t in the top 30, consider me stunned. 

Here’s my take on Beechwood. They surely aren’t what they just were the past two years. 
Defense is still really good, but the offense took a big hit. The line is noticeable smaller and QB looked nervous during the scrimmage missing reads tucking it running with open receivers. I hope he gets back to playing the way he did last year. Berger is always a hand full when carrying the ball. 
The Robinson kid should help Berger out a ton. If Beechwood is going to 3 peat that oline is going to need to step up even more than they already have. Best of to the Tigers this year.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KYFootballFanz said:

Here’s my take on Beechwood. They surely aren’t what they just were the past two years. 
Defense is still really good, but the offense took a big hit. The line is noticeable smaller and QB looked nervous during the scrimmage missing reads tucking it running with open receivers. I hope he gets back to playing the way he did last year. Berger is always a hand full when carrying the ball. 
The Robinson kid should help Berger out a ton. If Beechwood is going to 3 peat that oline is going to need to step up even more than they already have. Best of to the Tigers this year.

Thankfully it’s just a scrimmage. To work out the kinks. That defense and offense was without Robinson who we all know will add another element. Not saying he’s the key reason BW should be in the top 25 or even top 15 but, he makes it hard to not put them there. I’ll call it now. 1 loss or less from the tigers this season. If they lose 2 games in the regular season, I’ll be shocked. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KYFootballFanz said:

While I’ll give you that the line is still meshing and may not be quite as big as last year, the young QB Hayden finished the scrimmage 16-20 for 220 yds and 3 TDs. He had one play early in the scrimmage when he should have dumped it to the back, but instead scrambled. Other than that he stood in the pocket and took a couple hard shots and still delivered the ball on the money. He’s definitely not the runner that Hergott was, but for his first varsity start, albeit in a scrimmage, he performed very well.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, gbballfan21 said:

While I’ll give you that the line is still meshing and may not be quite as big as last year, the young QB Hayden finished the scrimmage 16-20 for 220 yds and 3 TDs. He had one play early in the scrimmage when he should have dumped it to the back, but instead scrambled. Other than that he stood in the pocket and took a couple hard shots and still delivered the ball on the money. He’s definitely not the runner that Hergott was, but for his first varsity start, albeit in a scrimmage, he performed very well.

I am happy to hear those numbers from Hayden. Beechwood is going to go as the young QB matures. They will lean heavy on the running game while he gets more comfortable being the guy behind center for the Tigers. They may lose a few of the early big school games but I would not want to face this team in the playoffs. I am curious how he will do against Cooper as that should be a good barometer for him against an big lineman big school that maybe stifle the run. 

Team #10 is Woodford County!

30. Central

29. Raceland

28. Logan County

27. Lexington Catholic

26. Belfry

25. Pulaski County

24. PRP

23. Bowling Green

22. Ryle

21. Southwestern

20. Bryan Station

19. Paducah Tilghman

18. Mayfield

17. Corbin

16. CAL

15. DuPont Manual

14. Franklin County

13. Pikeville

12. Madison Central

11. South Warren

10. Woodford County
2021 Record: 13-1
2021 Playoffs: Lost to South Warren 46-25 in 5A Semifinals
2021 Final Ranking: #14 
Players to Watch: OG Tristan Cook (SR), DB Aden Nelson (SR), RB Preston Stacy (SR), WR Makhi Smith (SO)
Key Losses: QB Bryce Patterson, RB/LB Jackson Geilear
Game to Watch: September 16 at Franklin County

Coach Dennis Johnson has transformed the culture at Woodford County from a losing one to a winning one. In 2017 Woodford County was winless, in 2018 Woodford County finished 2-9 and lost to Covington Catholic 49-0 in the playoffs. After steadily improving they burst onto the scene last season with a regular season win over Franklin County and a quarterfinal win over Covington Catholic before being humbled by state champ South Warren. The Yellow Jackets return six starters back on offense and seven on defense. WR/DB Aden Nelson (9 REC TDs) has committed to Ball State and fellow WR Makhi Smith (8 REC TDs) has multiple offers. Tristian Cook is one of the top linemen in the bluegrass and Preston Stacy (157 carries for 1,400 yards and 13 TDs)looks to have another big year rushing the ball. Possible QBs are sophomores Jasper Johnson and Andrew Nason as Bryce Patterson graduated.

Check back tomorrow for #9!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ATLCat said:

Woah!  🤔