18. Mayfield

17. Corbin

16. CAL

15. DuPont Manual

14. Franklin County

2021 Record: 10-4

2021 Playoffs: Lost to Johnson Central 42-24 in 4A Semifinals

2021 Final Ranking: #21

Players to Watch: RB Kaden Moorman (SR) (Kentucky), QB/WR/DB Gavin Hurst (JR), LB Peyton Ledford (SR), WR/DB Zach Claudio (SR)

Key Losses:  LB Brenton Sears, QB Jayden Mattison

Game to Watch: October 21 vs Central

After a run to the 4A finals in 2020 - bolstered by a surprise upset over Johnson Central in the semifinals, the Flyers started slow last year, losing to Corbin, Ballard, and Woodford County early in the season, before falling to Johnson Central 42-24 in the semifinals. The offense will be built around UK commit and Mr. Football candidate Kaden Moorman (177 carries for 1,447 yards and 27 TDs). Linebacker Peyton Ledford (141 tackles, 17 TFL) returns to lead the defense. The Flyers have a good chance to make their third straight semifinals and have a shot to make it back to Kroger Field.

https://twitter.com/teeroyhowell/status/1428842062791778304?s=20&t=hI3neHnUT4hfjNIt6dSBdA

Check back tomorrow for #13!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2022 at 9:45 AM, FrankNicodemus said:

Beechwood, Cov Cath, maybe Highlands be like:

70871D6F-F54E-4DD1-9728-D3B4AF72AD46.gif

I had 3 - 4 teams that just missed the Top 30.  I'll share them once the countdown is complete and I'll share my reasons as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, teeroy said:

I had 3 - 4 teams that just missed the Top 30.  I'll share them once the countdown is complete and I'll share my reasons as well.

I don't want to pick on any one school but if Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood doesn't make your Top 30 then I want to see them play Raceland.  Fortunately Highlands plays Raceland. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I don't want to pick on any one school but if Highlands, CovCath or Beechwood doesn't make your Top 30 then I want to see them play Raceland.  Fortunately Highlands plays Raceland. 🙂

I’m looking forward to that game!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

I don't put much into preseason rankings.

The thing about football is if you are rated #1 in your class preseason you have a very, very, strong chance of making it to Kroger Field to play for the state title.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

I will call it right now, running clock, Highlands wins. 

I've seen both Highlands and Raceland in 7v7 and seen both team's linemen and I have to say I agree.  It's tough to do a top 30 list and be right about all of them.  You're going to miss some.  Raceland might be a contender for the 1A title, but that doesn't make them a top 30 team in the state.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, teeroy said:

The thing about football is if you are rated #1 in your class preseason you have a very, very, strong chance of making it to Kroger Field to play for the state title.

I agree and I think any well thought out rankings are great for Kentucky High School Football.

• Like 2