Howell Rankings Countdown 2022

teeroy

2 hours ago, teeroy said:

Woah!  🤔

😆

I have to give you credit, you are doing a good job keeping the interest flowing in this thread. Not to let some of the air out of this balloon but for all those questioning how high Beechwood could go on your list, you had Beechwood at 6 last year. Which may have been your most impressive ranking last year because Beechwood finished the year on calpreps.com exactly at that same #6 ranking. 

I share that for anyone thinking a roster loaded two time defending champ Beechwood isn't in your top 10. 

• Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, teeroy said:

No surprises in the top 12, all were good last year. Feel free to guess who the teams. 

On 8/6/2022 at 1:18 PM, Rebel said:

St X, Trinity, Male, South Warren, Boyle, Douglas, LCA, Beechwood, Ballard, Johnson Central, Cov. Cath., and Woodford is my guess.   

On 8/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, theguru said:

I am going to say you got 11 out of 12 but I have no clue. 🤷‍♀️

I feel pretty good about 11/12 after Woodford making it.  Should have traded Ballard for Madison Central. 

3 hours ago, Brown said:

Based on Calpreps, looks like 2 of these 3 wont make the top 30:

Highlands, Covcath, Beechwood

Highlands has not finished the year in the top 30 in the state on calpreps.com since 2018. I know there are heightened hopes in Ft. Thomas but my guess is Highlands is not in the top 30 on this list.

Covington Catholic has finished behind Beechwood on calpreps.com the past two years and there are question marks everywhere for the Colonels. The Colonels have not finished in the calpreps.com top ten the past 2 years. It is unreasonable to expect Covington Catholic to be ranked in the top 10 on this list. Last year he had Covington Catholic at #30. I think there is a good chance Covington Catholic is not on the list. 

• Like 1

Team #9 is Johnson Central!  What do you think about JC's ranking?  Too high, too low or about right?

30. Central

29. Raceland

28. Logan County

27. Lexington Catholic

26. Belfry

25. Pulaski County

24. PRP

23. Bowling Green

22. Ryle

21. Southwestern

20. Bryan Station

19. Paducah Tilghman

18. Mayfield

17. Corbin

16. CAL

15. DuPont Manual

14. Franklin County

13. Pikeville

12. Madison Central

11. South Warren

10. Woodford County

9. Johnson Central

https://www.premierhighschoolsports.com/post/howell-rankings-countdown-ky-high-school-football-team-9-johnson-central

• Thanks 1

CovCath will not be on the list. They are a young team this year. Aiden Jones is the only real stud on the team. We don’t even know who the QB is yet. I guess we will find out in a few days. I hope they prove me wrong but definitely not a top 10 team. 

Highlands will not be in the top 10 either.   I don’t think Beechwood should be in top 10 this year but maybe 10-20 range. Just my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

Remaining slots per Calpreps:

Boyle, St X, Douglass, Trinity, Male, LCA, Owensboro (all top 8 teams according to Calpreps)

the next 3 highest are CovCath, Highlands and Beechwood - now sitting at 20, 22, 24 in Calpreps.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brown said:

Remaining slots per Calpreps:

Boyle, St X, Douglass, Trinity, Male, LCA, Owensboro (all top 8 teams according to Calpreps)

the next 3 highest are CovCath, Highlands and Beechwood - now sitting at 20, 22, 24 in Calpreps.

As I have said before, preseason rankings including computer ones are guessing games. However, I am surprised calpreps.com has LCA at #6 and Beechwood at #24. I would argue LCA lost more to graduation than Beechwood and the Tigers beat LCA the last two years. At that rate, if Beechwood can beat LCA again this year, look for LCA to be ranked #1 in the state at the start of next season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, teeroy said:

The real question is where to rank Trinity.  Finished 9 in last year's final rankings and lost a ton of production.  QB, top RBs, top WRs all gone.  Where do y'all think Trinity should be?  

Top 3.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

As I have said before, preseason rankings including computer ones are guessing games. However, I am surprised calpreps.com has LCA at #6 and Beechwood at #24. I would argue LCA lost more to graduation than Beechwood and the Tigers beat LCA the last two years. At that rate, if Beechwood can beat LCA again this year, look for LCA to be ranked #1 in the state at the start of next season.

CalPreps is pretty good as far as ratings - but I would agree they've missed the boat on Beechwood at 24.

• Like 1