Howell Rankings Countdown 2022

teeroy

3 hours ago, teeroy said:

The real question is where to rank Trinity.  Finished 9 in last year's final rankings and lost a ton of production.  QB, top RBs, top WRs all gone.  Where do y'all think Trinity should be?  

I would have them #2. Last year beat every Kentucky team not named St. X or Male. Also beat Ohio power Cincy St. X. TE/WR Noah Myers returns and should have a good year. RB Luke Sasser will be good as well. I think Trinity will be better this year than last year because had a lot of young guys on defense.

• Like 1

Team #8 is Owensboro!

Is OHS too high, too low or about right?

30. Central

29. Raceland

28. Logan County

27. Lexington Catholic

26. Belfry

25. Pulaski County

24. PRP

23. Bowling Green

22. Ryle

21. Southwestern

20. Bryan Station

19. Paducah Tilghman

18. Mayfield

17. Corbin

16. CAL

15. DuPont Manual

14. Franklin County

13. Pikeville

12. Madison Central

11. South Warren

10. Woodford County

9. Johnson Central

8. Owensboro

https://www.premierhighschoolsports.com/post/howell-rankings-countdown-ky-high-school-football-team-8-owensboro

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I would have them #2. Last year beat every Kentucky team not named St. X or Male. Also beat Ohio power Cincy St. X. TE/WR Noah Myers returns and should have a good year. RB Luke Sasser will be good as well. I think Trinity will be better this year than last year because had a lot of young guys on defense.

Your statement that they beat every Kentucky team (on their schedule) not named St X or Male last year is correct, but how many top 25 teams in KY did they beat?  https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/kentucky-high-school-football-rankings-final-2021-season/

5 hours ago, teeroy said:

Your statement that they beat every Kentucky team (on their schedule) not named St X or Male last year is correct, but how many top 25 teams in KY did they beat?  https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/kentucky-high-school-football-rankings-final-2021-season/

They beat Ballard and Ryle handily. They also played national powers much closer than most in Kentucky would. 

They did get it rolling in the playoffs and beat Ballard bad, but in the regular season Ballard had them beat and Trinity escaped 20-17. Manual destroyed Ballard just 2 weeks earlier.

In the playoffs Manual lost to St X by only 2 points, while Male beat T pretty bad in the playoffs and then X beat Male in the finals.  Madison Central also played St X well in playoffs and led late before running out of gas (did not have the depth X had).  Point being Trinity may have been slightly better than teams like Manual (and Madison Central) last year but barely.

Yes Ryle was a good team last year and will be even better this year. Trinity lost a lot on offense but I assume they will have an improved defense.  When is the last time Trinity didn't have a top 15 player in the state (according to Rivals.com)?  They don't have one this year, according to Rivals.

19 minutes ago, teeroy said:

Yes Ryle was a good team last year and will be even better this year. Trinity lost a lot on offense but I assume they will have an improved defense.  When is the last time Trinity didn't have a top 15 player in the state (according to Rivals.com)?  They don't have one this year, according to Rivals.

Come on teeroy, I was expecting your next selection!