Howell Rankings Countdown 2022

teeroy

2 hours ago, theguru said:

On Beechwood, I would say prove it against both Simon Kenton and CovCath.

Fredrick Douglass and Beechwood are my two biggest issues. No shot FD is #2 in the entire state. Beechwood MAY be Top 10 (that's a long shot, IMO), but they certainly haven't proven it at this point. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Fredrick Douglass and Beechwood are my two biggest issues. No shot FD is #2 in the entire state. Beechwood MAY be Top 10 (that's a long shot, IMO), but they certainly haven't proven it at this point. 

According to the recruiting rankings FD has the most talent in the state and Beechwood has the highest ranked player in the state, but of course none of those highly rated players play QB.

10 minutes ago, teeroy said:

According to the recruiting rankings FD has the most talent in the state and Beechwood has the highest ranked player in the state, but of course none of those highly rated players play QB.

So why is X ahead of FD?

9 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Owensboro 3rd in these rankings which to me is absurd!

This is a "participation trophy" poll always - giving away freebie undeserved rankings.  Last week these guys had Owensboro #1 and now #3 after beating Apollo 62-18.  According to this poll, Henderson would be above Trinity, Male, South Warren.  I say the playoffs should be seeded by this poll!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Sounds like the recruiting rankings are not a good metric to use.

It's not the only metric to use, but if you can name me 5 teams better than Douglass this year I would like  to know who they are?

6 hours ago, Brown said:

This is a "participation trophy" poll always - giving away freebie undeserved rankings.  Last week these guys had Owensboro #1 and now #3 after beating Apollo 62-18.  According to this poll, Henderson would be above Trinity, Male, South Warren.  I say the playoffs should be seeded by this poll!

I think Owensboro will easily beat Daviess Friday.

• Like 3