8th Region Realignment

With the move of Woodford into the 30th District of the 8th Region and the move of Trimble out of the 29th District to the 31st District is it time for Realignment?  

29th District: 3 Teams ALL OLDHAM District

North Oldham, South Oldham, Oldham County

30th District 5 Teams Southern District

Collins, Shelby County, Spencer County, Woodford County, Anderson County

31st District 6 Teams Small School District

Henry County, Trimble County, Carroll County, Gallatin County, Emminence, Owen County

32nd District 4 Teams Northern District

Williamstown, Grant County, Walton Verona, Simon Kenton

Region Finals Since 05-06 Realignment 17 years:

Oldham 9

South Oldham 5

Shelby County 4

Collins 4

Anderson County 3

Simon Kenton 3

North Oldham 2

Gallatin, Spencer, Walton Verona, Woodford 1

29th District: 16 All 3 Teams Represented in Region Finals

30th District: 13  All 5 teams Represented in Region Finals

31st District: 1  Gallatin County Region Finals

32nd District: 4 Total: Simon Kenton 3 Walton Verona 1 Region Finals

The 30th District has had the most movement with Shelby County Splitting in 2010 to form Collins and Woodford County was added 3 seasons ago in 2019

A Suggestion, comment or suggest yours:

29th The I71 District: 5 teams 12 Region Finals

Oldham County, North Oldham, Trimble County, Carroll County, Gallatin County 

30th Southern District: 4 teams 9 Region Finals

Anderson County, Spencer County, Woodford County, Shelby County

31st Western District: 4 Teams 9 Region Finals

South Oldham, Emminence, Henry County, Collins

32nd The I75+ District: 5 teams 4 Region Finals

Simon Kenton, Grant County, Walton Verona, Williamstown, Owen County

I think South Oldham would welcome this realignment!  Collins and South would advance to the region tournament almost every year.

It is hard to rationalize why there is currently one 3-team district, one 4-team district, one 5-team district and one 6-team district!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ConverseAllStar said:

I think South Oldham would welcome this realignment!  Collins and South would advance to the region tournament almost every year.

It is hard to rationalize why there is currently one 3-team district, one 4-team district, one 5-team district and one 6-team district!

Trimble County begged out of the 29th to form the 6 team 31th, I don't understand it either.

• Like 1

Was easy to understand from Trimble County’s perspective.  I’ve wondered about this, so I just looked:  from 2003, when North Oldham opened, until 2020, when Trimble moved out of the 29th District, it was 3-65 vs the 3 Oldham schools.  Oddly, it beat each of them one time.  But the move has kind of made a mess, lot of imbalance in the Region. Fully support the idea of realignment, just not sure how you’d do that and get even a majority to agree….

• Like 2

Perhaps one team from the 30th can go to the 29th, and one team from the 32nd can go to the 31st, then the 29th would have 4 teams, the 30th would have 4 teams, the 31st would have 5 teams, and the 32nd would have 5 teams.

Which of those 2 teams that would move would be related to where they are geographically, making a logical move where the team that is closet to the district is the one that moves to it. 

For example the one team in the 30th that is the most geographically close to the 29th District is the team that moves to the 29th District, and the one team from the 32nd that is the closest geographically to the 31st is the one team that moves to the 31st. 

8 hours ago, B-Ball-fan said:

Perhaps one team from the 30th can go to the 29th, and one team from the 32nd can go to the 31st, then the 29th would have 4 teams, the 30th would have 4 teams, the 31st would have 5 teams, and the 32nd would have 5 teams.

Which of those 2 teams that would move would be related to where they are geographically, making a logical move where the team that is closet to the district is the one that moves to it. 

For example the one team in the 30th that is the most geographically close to the 29th District is the team that moves to the 29th District, and the one team from the 32nd that is the closest geographically to the 31st is the one team that moves to the 31st. 

To answer your question that would put Collins in the 29th which would make that district one of the hardest to win in the state.  Either Gallatin or Owen would move to the 32nd which would make the 31st one of the weakest districts in the state.  But leaving it alone is even worse IMO :>

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AirYardGo said:

I have always thought it made more sense to have the Franklin County Schools in the 8th and have Woodford, Anderson and Clark all go to the 11th.

Whoa!! Now you're getting way out there in region realignment talk.  But I don't disagree at least about the Franklin Schools in the 8th. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Polar Bearcat said:

Whoa!! Now you're getting way out there in region realignment talk.  But I don't disagree at least about the Franklin Schools in the 8th. 

There are a lot of things that need to be changed. For starters let’s eliminate 3 team districts... and let’s not have 3 schools in one county be in 3 different regions...

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Polar Bearcat said:

With the move of Woodford into the 30th District of the 8th Region and the move of Trimble out of the 29th District to the 31st District is it time for Realignment?  

29th District: 3 Teams ALL OLDHAM District

North Oldham, South Oldham, Oldham County

30th District 5 Teams Southern District

Collins, Shelby County, Spencer County, Woodford County, Anderson County

31st District 6 Teams Small School District

Henry County, Trimble County, Carroll County, Gallatin County, Emminence, Owen County

32nd District 4 Teams Northern District

Williamstown, Grant County, Walton Verona, Simon Kenton

Region Finals Since 05-06 Realignment 17 years:

Oldham 9

South Oldham 5

Shelby County 4

Collins 4

Anderson County 3

Simon Kenton 3

North Oldham 2

Gallatin, Spencer, Walton Verona, Woodford 1

29th District: 16 All 3 Teams Represented in Region Finals

30th District: 13  All 5 teams Represented in Region Finals

31st District: 1  Gallatin County Region Finals

32nd District: 4 Total: Simon Kenton 3 Walton Verona 1 Region Finals

The 30th District has had the most movement with Shelby County Splitting in 2010 to form Collins and Woodford County was added 3 seasons ago in 2019

A Suggestion, comment or suggest yours:

29th The I71 District: 5 teams 12 Region Finals

Oldham County, North Oldham, Trimble County, Carroll County, Gallatin County 

30th Southern District: 4 teams 9 Region Finals

Anderson County, Spencer County, Woodford County, Shelby County

31st Western District: 4 Teams 9 Region Finals

South Oldham, Emminence, Henry County, Collins

32nd The I75+ District: 5 teams 4 Region Finals

Simon Kenton, Grant County, Walton Verona, Williamstown, Owen County

I get where you're going with this, but are we really considering re-alignment based solely upon the success / lack thereof each district has had in the region finals?   I think you'll get significant pushback from the small schools in that regard.....

Just now, ColonelMike said:

I get where you're going with this, but are we really considering re-alignment based solely upon the success / lack thereof each district has had in the region finals?   I think you'll get significant pushback from the small schools in that regard.....

It is not solely based on success, I did that to help guide realignment.  The sole reason, IMO,  for realignment is a 3 team district and a 6 team district in the same region.  Realignment has occurred in the 30th, 29th, and 31st already with the addition of Woodford and the gain/loss of Trimble.  

3 minutes ago, Polar Bearcat said:

It is not solely based on success, I did that to help guide realignment.  The sole reason, IMO,  for realignment is a 3 team district and a 6 team district in the same region.  Realignment has occurred in the 30th, 29th, and 31st already with the addition of Woodford and the gain/loss of Trimble.  

The KHSAA surely won't allow the 3-team district to stand much longer....I agree.

• Haha 1