Does Mal Moore leave Miami, FL with a coach?

letabrotherspeak

If Saban turns them down, some say he will make a run at Petrino and/or Grobe.

All three are there...

Saban seems to really want the Bama job. He may not take it, but he really seems to want it. Saban is taking a beating on ESPN. They are comparing him to Larry Brown quite a bit. And not in a good way. I still think its a sad day for Bama that their AD is lurking around waiting to try and steal somebodies coach. What ever happened to "Momma called"? In the old days a coach would be summoned to Bama. Now their AD has become some "ambulance chasing lawyer" waiting to sweep up the crumbs. Pitiful.

Saban seems to really want the Bama job. He may not take it, but he really seems to want it. Saban is taking a beating on ESPN. They are comparing him to Larry Brown quite a bit. And not in a good way. I still think its a sad day for Bama that their AD is lurking around waiting to try and steal somebodies coach. What ever happened to "Momma called"? In the old days a coach would be summoned to Bama. Now their AD has become some "ambulance chasing lawyer" waiting to sweep up the crumbs. Pitiful.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Didn't Miami basically do the same thing to get Saban to leave LSU. I think Bama should legally do whatever they need to to land Saban. Give him a couple of years and Bama will be back on top.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Didn't Miami basically do the same thing to get Saban to leave LSU. I think Bama should legally do whatever they need to to land Saban. Give him a couple of years and Bama will be back on top.

I agree in principle. My comment isn't about Bama's pursuit of Saban. He is the best IMO. I just think going down to Miami to get him looks desperate (they are). But the plan B stuff (Petrino etc.) looks bad. I can't see how its sour grapes? It isn't like I'm saying he isn't that good a coach anyway. I also think that Coach Saban is beginning to look a little spoiled in all this. I posted on another thread that if he goes to Bama he will lead them to the title game within four years. He is worth every penny, at least he was when he was at LSU.

I guess I was taking it as you had a grudge against him for leaving LSU. I heard him speak at a coaches clinic several years ago. He was very entertaining and seemed to be a great guy. Talked about playing high school football in West Virginia you can tell how much he loves the game and young people. I think he put himself in the same position Pitino did when he left UK, just a much better college coach than pro.

Take them to a title game. You dont go from average to great in four years. I dont think that the next coach there should even have expectations of going to the title game that quick. I also feel that if Saban doesnt want the job, dont beg him to come, he's not the almighty coach. Go find someone who can appreciate the 12 national championship trophies in the hallway and is willing to do what it takes to get some more. Maybe its 4 years maybe its 10 years.